It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
(male)

jan00 HB User
Forehead slappers: The "Duh!" moments...

Has anyone ever done something really stupid to aggravate their injuries/conditions?

I've been recovering steadily for 2.5 years from three ruptured disks. I'm doing chiro and have a battery of pain meds (from which I am slowly weaning). However...

I have a 7-year-old daughter who is growing like a weed. In years past, I let her stand on my back and then jump off for her amusement. Well, (you can guess what's coming) I let her do it over the weekend, and now I'm suffering for it! My neck and back are in terrible pain, even with an increase in my Opana and Tramadol.

The funny thing is, she's never hurt my back before, but now she is just too darn big! Yes, I know it was STUPID, so there's no need for you to confirm that. But have any of you had that "head-slapper" moment when you realized you did something to aggravate your injury?

Old 08-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
(female)

MissCherrie78 HB User
Re: Forehead slappers: The "Duh!" moments...

I do stupid stuff all the time. lol My pain meds keep me fairly comfortable so I have those moments where I forget that my back is a mess. Everything from carting my 1 year old niece around for hours to rough housing with my kids.

I usually don't suffer until I wake up the next morning. Then if feels like my whole back is stiff and swollen. Ick.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread