It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 02:00 AM   #1
(male)

bongomatic HB User
new to all this pain medicine. some friendly advice needed

Hi everyone my name is Daniel. I am 27 years old and 3 years ago I was having very bad pain in the top portion of my stomach, well come to find out I had gall stones and the Dr told me he wanted to take my gall bladder out and needed to run a scope down to see them. Take into consideration I've never been sick or hurt til now. I agreed and he told me there would be a small risk of tearing the opening of my pancreas when the scope passed through, and of course it did. So bad they couldn't get it to heal and it created a psuydocyst on my pancreas. So I was told while I'm under for the gall bladder surgery they would drain the cyst and remove the infected portion of my pancreas come to find out that was about 80% of my pancreas. Anyways this was the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. They started me on 2mg of daludid every hour by iv pump. Well I spent 6 months in the hospital because of this. They finally sent me home on 10/325 hydrocodone. They wouldn't drain the cyst yet because it was to soft. I was told to wait for 3 months and we would try again. I was given 90 10 mg hydrocodone every month. I was taking as it was prescribed 1 every 6 hours as needed. Well this helped for a few weeks so I decided to change doctors and went to my states university hospital and they put me on Norco 10 mg 1 every 4 hours as needed and was scheduled to have another surgery to drain the cyst in 3 more months I was given 120 norcos at this time. They did the surgery and tied the cyst to my intestines and was told to give it a month or 2 and it should go away. Well 9 months later it still hasn't gotten any smaller and the pain meds weren't working as well anymore so they put me percocet 10/325 120 a month been on these about a year now. I don't know if I'm addicted I just know without them I hurt. I feel like total Crap and the cyst still hasn't gone away and I am scared to have another surgery due to the risk of becoming diabetic anyone been through this kind of thing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread