It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
(male)

thefastone HB User
watson fentanyl patch 50mcg

i have used 9 of these patches i know i need at least 75 will see dc the 21st aug has enyone used these patches with good results thanks

Old 08-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB User
Re: watson fentanyl patch 50mcg

Are you taking about fentanyl patches in general or the Watson brand? I didn't end up titrating up to an effective dose on these because they just weren't working too well for me between the relief, logistics of using a patch, and side effects. I particularly didn't like the Watson brand as I found them the most uncomfortable, plus they make a crinkly noise...the matrix ones were better. Watson is the last holdout with the gel design as far as I know, but I've heard they will be changing in the near future.

At your appointment I'd give your doctor feedback on how these are doing on your pain and see what they think (ie. I wouldn't walk in and say you think you need a 75, or even say you think you need a higher dose). You are correct though that after a few weeks you should have a good idea of how you will do on these. These can be quite hit or miss...lots of folks do well on them, and plenty of others don't. The dose stability throughout the 2-3 days is the biggest benefit for most folks. Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread