It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
(female)

Prettyinpink81 HB UserPrettyinpink81 HB UserPrettyinpink81 HB User
Lesson learned

Well I had my vicodin stolen last night out of my bedroom. Fortunately I had my big bottle locked up and the little bottle only had 3 in them but Im still angry. I started with lower back spasms last night at work and asked the bar back to run to my house (I live 100 ft from work) and grab a heating pack for me. I didn't even think about the fact I left the bottle out, I always use a small bottle and put a few days worth in there. What really upsets me is I told him where the heating pack was and it was nowhere near my bedroom so there was no reason for him to even be near there. I was very lucky to only lose 3 but please please be very careful with your medication and keep in mind you can't trust anybody these days.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User
Re: Lesson learned

Sorry that that happened to you. I just got my refills for my patches two weeks ago, and my son accidentally threw out the new boxes of all 10 patches, along with the empty boxes. I didn't realize he had, until two days later when I went to change my patches, and then realized that he had thrown the new boxes out, along with the empty ones. What a mess . Of course, the garbage men had come and taken the cans so I was left to decide what to do or not.
I ultimately decided to stop by my PM doctors office to let them know what happened, so at the very least, if I got called in for a count or a urine screen for my next pick up, I wanted it on my records that I let him know what happened. Thankfully, I have been with this practice since 2005, so they know me, and know me well. My PM doctor, without a seconds hesitation replaced my prescription, and I was able to get the patches replaced without any question by my pharmacist as well.
I also realize that he did not have to do that, and I told them when I arrived that I was not asking for, or hoping for a replacement but just wanted them to know so that it didn't come back to bite me later, and luckily for me, they trust me.
You may want to find a new hiding spot for your meds, especially since this person found out that you had some out, so if he/she comes looking again, they may investigate to see if they can find your other hiding spots, so don't take any chances. Again, I'm sorry that you had to go through that.
Back

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #3
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User

I'm sorry you had your pills stolen. We gave my neighbor's a key to watch our birds while we were gone and some of my meds that were out went missing, not a lot but a few. Plus we found hair on our stairs that didn't belong to any of us. It was black. So I knew they had gone upstairs to investigate. The first thing I did when I got back was have my dad change the locks. They could have made a spare key and we don't keep our alarm on anymore either. At least my jewelry and my mom's were hidden under the bed.

It's very true you can't trust anyone anymore. I had my brand-new bottle of adderall stolen by my roomate my first semester at an away college where I lived in the dorms. Now all my meds are locked up.

Now I don't tell anyone I'm on meds and I keep they in a safe. Of course they could still steal that, but it is at least a deterrent.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #4
(female)

Prettyinpink81 HB UserPrettyinpink81 HB UserPrettyinpink81 HB User

I don't tell people I am on meds but its pretty obvious I have pain problems so I guess he decided to look. I also discovered I am missing one days worth of my morning pills. I have those in pill containers and everything is vitamins except for savella. Im just angry that someone would go in my bedroom. Okay sorry for the continued ranting, I didn't sleep well so Im a bit cranky this morning.

I hope everyone has a pain free day.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User

PIP,
I'm sorry that you discovered yet more theft. It's sad when we can't trust people not to invade our privacy and our homes without worrying about what they will do if we allow them in. It's a sad state when our homes loose their haven status. We shouldn't have to be on our guard , in our homes, when someone is allowed access, but sadly , we do have to be.
I hope that this is the end of the discoveries for you and it might be a good idea to at least have the locks changed, since this person now knows you have meds of different varieties, and you don't know who else they may have told. I would hate to hear that you have to go through more thefts.
Back

The Following User Says Thank You to backhurtz For This Useful Post:
waters04 (08-13-2012)
Old 08-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User

I would be upset too if I knew someone went looking in my bedroom, even any part of the house, and stealing. It's sad what this world has come to. It's those idiots that make it harder for us to get pain meds.

Closed Thread