It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
(female)

cargirl2012 HB User
need help/advice on how to deal with dr

at my last appointment i was drug tested which they do randomly but always send out to the lab. i had none of my medication (dilaudid) in my system at the time because my girlfriend had stolen mine when she was staying with me. i did not report this and did not tell anyone because i didnt want her to get into trouble. i have never failed a drug test but now my dr is telling me that in order to get my next prescription i have to take another drug test a week before i am due for a fill. my girlfriend has again ripped me off and i have not taken any of my meds for 24hours now. i was runing low anyway because of having the flu. i did have some left over other pain meds morphine instant relese and hydrocodone and t3 but i need to test positive for my meds and only my meds and i am freaking out. i cant loose my pain contract with this dr. please help me

Old 08-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: need help/advice on how to deal with dr

Some who has stolen your medicine twice is not your friend. I think you have to protect yourself and report her. Also, you may want to buy a lockbox for your medicine, so that anyone else who enters your house isn't tempted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
(female)

DeeSquared HB User

You state that this is your GIRLFRIEND, not your EX-girlfriend? I'm sorry to say this Cargirl, but you need to seriously evaluate why you are with her. Not only is she stealing your meds and putting you in serious jeopardy of ever getting pain meds again (because you aren't testing positive for them), but she is allowing you to suffer needlessly so she can have your meds (It doesn't matter if she needs them for legitimate pain or not. Although I suspect she doesn't need them for legitimate pain as you stated that she is 'stealing them' and not 'using them for pain.').

As for your original question, I am not sure what is going to happen with the doctor. You can be straight with your doctor, but the time for that may have already passed (as this will be your second test). You could ask your girlfriend if she has any more of your meds (is this possible?). Did you stash any meds anywhere?

But, whatever happens, I do wish you the very best of luck and I hope that everything works out.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User

First, this so called "girlfriend" isn't really your friend , otherwise, they would not have put you in this position once, let alone twice now. You are very fortunate in that your doctor was willing to give you a second chance to pass a drug test, but now, you do not have enough meds because of a second instance of theft, and because you took more than you should have because you were ill? I'm not sure how being ill would require you to take more than you were supposed to, but the bigger issue is why you would have left your meds out where this same "friend" could access your meds, since you already knew that she stole some of them last month, and you gave her the opportunity to do it again?? That doesn't make sense.
I think that you may have put yourself into a very bad situation, and to claim now that your "girlfriend" took your meds two months in a row, I'm afraid your doctor is not going to believe at this point. Taking other meds to try to pass the test isn't going to work, because dilaudid breaks down very specifically in the urine and blood stream, so the metabolites are what is being looked for, as well as the amount of them.
If I were you, I would be holding onto whatever dilaudid I had on hand, and making sure that I am taking only those meds that I am prescribed, in the amounts that they are prescribed and hoping that you pass the test. Then I would also find myself a new girlfriend, and purchasing a strong lock box and putting my meds in it. This kind of situation is the biggest reason why CP patients are told NOT to let others know they are taking opiates.

Closed Thread