It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
(female)

Prettyinpink81 HB UserPrettyinpink81 HB UserPrettyinpink81 HB User
Somebody is trying to fill prescriptions in my name

I am so upset right now so I apologize if my thoughts aren't straight. I received three phone calls yesterday from a Florida area code. Thinking it was my ex husband I called him back on his cell phone (I had also received a miss call from his cell so I just figured the other phone number was a house phone). I was trying to call my daughter tonight and since my ex didn't answer his cell I tried the home number. Turns out the phone number belonged to a Walgreens pharmacy. I identified myself and was told I need to call tomorrow when the pharmacist is in about filling multiple scripts from different doctors. I was completely speechless at that point and told the pharm tech there must be some kind of mistake as I have lived in Pennsylvania for the last 4 years and do not use Walgreens as my pharmacy. I was told "we really have a problem" and its absolutely urgent I call and speak to the pharmacist tomorrow morning.

At this point I have no idea what to do and don't know how this could have happened. I filled prescriptions at Walgreens when I lived there but I had switched my phone number when I moved, so how did they get my new one? Should I call my doctor and explain whats going on? I live in Pennsylvania now, will being "flagged" in Florida affect my prescriptions up here? How can I person even get a prescription in my name without ID? Again I am sorry if I'm rambling, I'm at a cross between being completely ****** off and freaking out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
(female)

Outtapain HB User
Re: Somebody is trying to fill prescriptions in my name

Call the pharmacy first in the morning and find out what is going on. Obviously this is not you filling them so I would call and find out who is? Ask them how they got your new phone number and what address this person is using when they pick up scripts. Every script comes with a print out pamphlet about the meds and at walgreens at the top is the address the patient is using so ask for that . Also ask them how they got your new number . Explain everything . Also ask them if this could screw up your scripts where you live now. Second, do you think thats why your ex husband could of been calling because they called his house? After you get off the phone with them call your doctor and let him know whats going on. Cover all bases. Also ask the pharmacy for a email of the list of meds this person has been filling by what doctors and on what dates and where so you have proof for your doctor cause they could be filling them and since you dont live there is shows its not you. Please let us know whats going on.
Praying for you

Old 08-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
(female)

Thank you. I called my father who is a retired police officer and he said the first thing I need to do after I speak to the pharmacist is file a police report and have them fax a copy to my doctor and I need to inform my current pharmacy of the problem and insist I am the only one allowed to pick up my scripts. My head is still spinning over this, and I am hoping it gets resolved without too much of an issue.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User

PIP,
Have you considered that this attempting to transfer your refills to this new pharmacy might be related to the theft at your home? All they would need is your current pharmacy, the prescription number and your name- all of which the person who stole the meds from your home would have. They could claim that they recently "moved" to the new place and needed to transfer the prescription. If you haven't considered this, you might want to now. Do make sure to call the pharmacy in question tomorrow, first thing and then call the pharmacy you now use. Then call your doctor, and make sure to file a police report in both states.
I hope that you can get this straightened out and make sure that there is a request put in at your doctors and the pharmacy you use to only release your new scripts or refills to yourself and only with photo ID.
I'm sorry.
Back

Old 08-20-2012, 06:33 AM   #5
(female)

Hi Back, I know this isn't related to the theft, the scipts are attempting to be filled where I used to live (the person who I believe took them knows I lived in Florida but not the city I lived in). Plus it would be pretty stupid to fill a script 1200 miles away. I tried calling the pharmacy again but was told the pharmacist doesn't arrive until 9am. I am sitting here shaking and chain smoking right now, I am so nervous. I keep praying this is a misunderstanding and not what I suspect happened.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #6
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User

This will all get worked out. Try to relax, I know that's hard. Everyone has given you some excellent advice, and please do file a police report. Hang in there. I can't imagine what this must feel like.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #7
(female)

Well I spoke to the pharmaist and was told my doctor would not refill a sript for xanax since I haven't seen him in over 4 years and my old family doctor said the same about klotopin. (5 years ago I saw my family doctor concerning anxiety, I was prescibed klotopin which made me sick, I then went and saw a psychiatrist and was diagnosed with panic disorder and generalized anxiety disorder and he gave me xanax and lexapro) I had learned new coping techniques and have been off all benzos for over three and a half years. I told the pharmacist again it was not me and I don't live in FL anymore and contacted both doctors to again inform them it was not me asking for a refill. I don't know what more I can do, I asked about filing a police report but they said there's no way to track who did it. They said they would flag anymore prescription requests as fraudulent. I contacted my doctor to explain what happened and his office staff said they would make a note and I contacted my pharmacy so now nobody can transfer any of my prescriptions unless I go there in person (and only I can pick up controlled substances and I have to show id)

Im still very shaken up about this but hoping I took all the necessary precautions so it doesn't bite me in the a$$

Old 08-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #8
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User

Don't they have a record of who picked up the rx? I know for some of my meds, I have to provide a valid license and they write EVERYTHING down. I don't know if your meds are like that. My pharmacy doesn't even allow anyone but me or my dad to pick up my controlled rxs. I'd still try and file a police report. Just call them, so next time they will know who is doing this when they try and pick it up. I would file one anyway, not through the pharmacy, but through the police department.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #9
(female)

Both doctors refused to refill until I came in to see them. My dad said I should still file so there's an offficial record. My question is do I file where I live now or in Florida?

Old 08-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #10
(female)

I'd file in both places. That way there is a record.

The Following User Says Thank You to waters04 For This Useful Post:
Prettyinpink81 (08-20-2012)
Old 08-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User

Yikes! What a terrible situation!

I would definitely file a police report in your home state so that they have it on file and call down to the local police station near the Walgreens down in Fl. and ask what you can do there as well.

It seems that the Pharmacy would have the time frame and usally time "stamp" any type of prescription request in the computer. Did they say the person came into the pharmacy? Or only called it in?

It seems they should either be able to look at surveillance video for that time...Or go through the caller id list during that window of time when the request came in if by phone, again this should be logged into the computer. The Pharmacist could even read out the phone numbers to you to see if it's anyone you recognize or whether it was a FL number or PA number.

And you asked, "why would anyone go to FL to fill a prescription"...in reference to it possibly being the guy who stole from you...He could have easily "sold" your information to someone in FL where prescription abuse is rampant...

Just like people who steal credit cards/numbers....they don't use them themselves most times...they sell the numbers online for big bucks!!!

This is why unfortunately you should have reported to the police the guy who stole from you already as this could be a big deal going forward as he could have sold your info to a lot of different people in different states!!! (And I apologize if I got that wrong but I was thinking you didnt do anything to the guy who robbed you which is actually a felony with opiates!)

Last edited by Ilovemycutedog; 08-21-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #12
(female)

No, I thought if I filed a report for 3 vicodin it might come off as drug seeking behavior. The person who I suspect used to be a neighbor of mine in Florida who could have easily come across old prescription bottles after I moved. (I was not aware benzos could be used for recreational purposes at that time) Nobody in PA except my fiancee was even aware I ever took them much less the doctors I went to. (Heck, it had been so long I had to ask the pharmacist the name of the one doctor)

Closed Thread