It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 06:18 AM   #16
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User
Re: Hydrocodone and side effects.

Jennifer:

You may be right as to what is causing my mood changes. And yes the quality of my life is bad and my pain is NOT under control.
So maybe that is part of the problem or ALL of the problem.
I am seeing a therapist because of the health issues and how to deal with it. I happen to be seeing her this afternoon and certainly will discuss everything with her.
Will see what happens & thanks for listening.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #17
(female)

Serathia HB UserSerathia HB User
Re: Hydrocodone and side effects.

I think therapist are wonderful and help tremendously, but I also feel that no matter how optimistic someone is, or how mentally well adjusted, ultimately if you are in pain every single day and have a difficult time even moving around without hurting, ultimately you are going to start feeling down and cranky, and not want to deal with the people around you. I'm sure the meds don't help this overall feeling, but they aren't the full cause.

These days unfortunately most doctors are overburdened, forced by insurance companies to become jaded, and just overall not as caring as they should be. Advocate for yourself, keep going to new doctors until you find one who will actually help you find a combo of medications that work for you. There is no reason that you should be suffering, there are so many meds/therapies out there that it might take some time (maybe longer because of your other health issues), but I am positive that you can have a good quality of life. Yes, you will still have some pain, and some days might still be rough, but overall you should be able to say that your pain is under control.

Good luck

-Jennifer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread