It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
(female)

lazuli HB User
Pain management in South Bay (South SF Bay Area, CA)

If anyone knows a doctor, please, let me know. I don't think my pain is that severe - it only takes 20mg a day spread out to cover it, and that is 5mg oxys. I can try to get by on less. If you want more info, read below.

I've had this pain daily since June...not a long time, no, but it has been a very long time in my mind, and it is so bad that I drop things and fall down in pain when it "stabs" me. Since my bloodwork is "fine" they dismiss me as perfectly fine...

I do not have insurance, and so I am trying to narrow down the doctors I see but online, I get very little to go on. I have been to the ER and Urgent Care clinics for pain from what they say is a "small cyst" and they are not caring to remove it or do anything about it, other than give me 15 oxycodones each time I go to the ER. At first they gave dilaudid but now, I am am apparently lucky to even be admitted into the ER, they try to shove me off on the Urgent Care.

I have had ultrasound and a catscan and they continue to deny that the "fullness" and chronic pain I am having is from the cyst, and so I sit here with stabbing pain that is constant, if I walk or ride in a car, it gets so unbearable I want to throw up. The constant presence alone makes me nauseous. I have no insurance so I have to see doctors in the hospital program that I am signed up with, but I make "too much" to be given an actual permanent doctor. Fun. I have tried to only ride in a car once a month and that night was filled with so much pain I cannot even begin to describe it. I am trying to make the pills I have last but they are nearly gone.

So my alternative is to see a pain management doctor or just a regular doctor who will write me an RX for the constant pain. I thought of going to the local psychiatric place the other day because it is too much, I want to die sometimes, more than a few times, due to this. Of course, I worry they will just ignore me, and that will be on my record forever, and I will *never* get help, but this is how it is.

If someone can help me - I am sitting here crying over this. I can't keep affording the visits for 15 pills at a time. I take 4 oxy 5mg's a day, they say that is too much acetaminophen but they won't give me any more than what I tell them works, and none of them ever give me a refill, so I don't know what else to do. It makes me so sick because I see people saying they take x and y when they are at the ER, and how they don't even need it - meanwhile, I am being totally ignored and they know I don't have insurance, but won't write me anything or refer me to a Pain doctor. I am not sure what to do. I am willing and obviously have to pay for a visit with an actual doctor - but I can't afford to hop around or see tons of them blindly because I just don't have it. I pay $175 twice a year to go to a GP for my migraine medicine prescription, which has to be compounded, and that alone is pricey but the only thing that helps (Midrin). That doesn't even include the cost of the compounded meds (unfortunately the FDA decided it needs more trials, and of course the Midrin makers decided it wasn't worth the money for that, so they stopped making it). I may be able to get my pain meds filled at the hospital pharmacy so they would be covered and even if not, if I had a prescription already they may work with me at the Urgent Care, but so far they will not help me because they don't do "primary care" visits so I'm out of luck.

Last edited by lazuli; 09-14-2012 at 03:07 AM. Reason: more info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread