It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
(male)

gulfbackpain HB User
Question Its been a long road

I know this is the Pain Management board , but it all kind of ties in together,
Its been a long time since I have been on here , about five years or so ,and could anyone tell me where any of the Gulf War forum people went to , did anyone setup an alternative forum anywhere??
To make it simple has anyone ever been told that there pain troubles could all be traced back to thier Gulf War Syndrom Diagnosis??
Also has anyone who had been diagnosed with it , ever had just about every door they went to for help slammed in thier face??
Sometimes I think there is a group that just travels around screwing up lives of people who need the problem fixed and not just Half_Azz Treated????
If ya know what im talking about, , then ya know!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
Re: Its been a long road

Hi Gulf Back Pain. Welcome to the chronic pain forum. I'm not a VET but I think most of us here have been through the ringer with docs that disnt believe or couldn't tell us why we are still suffering from pain despite surgeries and therapies that should have worked in their eyes. All my pain stems from multiple failed fusion attempts and every fusions i had was declared a success at the 4 to 6 month point and continued to be a success in the surgeons eyes right up untill all 3 sets of hardware started snappping bending or failing in some way.

Although I get the VA or your local docs may not be willing to place the blame on gulf war syndrome but do they see anything going on with your back that would explain the pain. DDD is a pretty common DX for anyone over the age of 30 but even if that is the only DX they can find it shouldnt exclude you from finding proper pain management. Ya have to remeber that most of these meds used didnt even exist prior to the invention of oxycontin in 97 but even with the way chronic pain options have changed not every PM doc believes opiates are the best or only option in all cases. It took me 8 years and 3 failed surgeries to find the first PM doc that wasn't completely opiate phobic. After all, most docs were trained that opiates are bad and addicting and no good can come from long term use. Their is a lack of hard data other than patients reporting improvement in quality of life but their are some docs willing to do whatever it takes to improve someone with intractable pain quality of life. Ya just cant give up when you run into someone that isn't willing to help.

Welcome and good luck, Dave

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread