It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
(female)

Outtapain HB User
Bundle of nerves

Hi everyone

I have posted here in the past and have always gotten some great advice and I think I am in need of some again.

I have an appointment with my PM doc on Friday and I feel sick to my stomach thinking about it!!

The guy makes me so nervous. His mood seems to swing from happy to really mad very easily and the worst part is I can wait a hour for him to come in the room and see me and he is only in there for five minutes then leaves to go see someone else and leaves it up to a resident to finish my visit!

Well Friday my meds are due to get filled . I feel sick asking him about it though. They are not early or anything I just feel like if I ask he will get ticked off! He makes me feel so bad for being in pain . Sometimes he acts like I am making the whole thing up! He has two reports from two diffrent doctors he wanted me to see saying there is a serious problem with my back and I am in a lot of pain and he still acts like I am a jerk for asking him to give me some sort of quality of life! Anyone have any ideas on how I can talk to him maybe about what are next step in my treatment will be? Not changing my meds but another test?

Thank you for the advice in advance!

Old 10-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #2
(male)

PMADrew09 HB User
Re: Bundle of nerves

this is a tricky one. since pain cannot be seen or measured doctors treat chronic pain like its nothing. i am sorry that you are going through this. the best advice i can give you is look him in the eye and tell him (in a non-argumentative tone) that you feel as though he is not taking taking you seriously or allowing you to get the treatment that can improve your quality of life. explain to him that you are in pain and theres nothing you can do about it that why youre seeing him...

i know what it feels like to be treated like garbage by the medical community. i hope it all works out for you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
(female)

jamie5538 HB User
Re: Bundle of nerves

This happends to me too and I only see my GP, I know what you mean, sometimes Doctors act mad or short. You need to ask for more meds if your due then he will give them to you and ask if there is anything you can do to go along with the meds that might help. I hope it works out for you, I tell my husband I get nurves poops before I go.!

Closed Thread