It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #16
(male)

weelyirked HB User
Re: Severe Abdominal Pain after taking Morphine Sulfate ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmak View Post
"... gb out, sphincter of oddi pain... "
dropped in to validate the above post

Within a few days after my pump meds were changed from duromorph to hydromorph, catheter space infused, etc... The NIGHTMARISH agony delivered from this apparently well kept secret (my Primary even said, [quote], "SOD spasms from morphine medication has been debunked") was gone!

it's been 5 years and I've never experienced another one yet (after @ least 2 a day up to 5 days a week)

if you have no other better alternitives, try chugging a glass of ice cold milk (assuming u r not lactose intolerant)

very well informed board members here!

props

Old 02-11-2014, 06:44 PM   #17
(female)

BeyondBelief HB User
Re: Severe Abdominal Pain after taking Morphine Sulfate ER

I also have this reaction when taking any form of severe pain medication that includes any narcotic drug. Which was a problem for me when I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2001. Instead of trying to kill the pain I set out to find out why I had this horribly painful, crippling problem. I spend many thousands of dollars and three years trying a myriad of treatments and I spent months researching on the internet and discovered that it is caused by acid body.

I then found an eating programme that cut out all acids, bread, pasta, potatoes, oils, all wheat based products and low carbs. I ate lots of animal proteins cooked in butter, bacon with the fat on, high fat yoghurt etc. Within weeks I started to feel better and along with procaine injections to almost 90% of my body I overcame the worst of the pain - without drugs.

There's a great book you might find useful 'What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia' - R.Paul St.Amand. Certainly helped me to understand how we get this problem. Hope this helps. Stay strong and determined, you'll overcome it. If you need any further information, please ask. Take good care of yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
abdominal pain, chronic pain, fibromyalgia treatment, morphine