It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #106
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User
Re: Pain management doctors

I am not sure about how the price compares from the "closed" to the "open" MRI. I"m thinking it would be the same but thats just my opinion.

From what I was taught at least I was told the "closed" MRI machines gave better resolution/quality of films compared to the "open" MRI. But that was years ago and maybe things are better now as compared to years ago.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-19-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #107
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Pebble, Im serious, I had those in the past too. But, I think lumber was like total 30 mins. Yes, anything that helps you get that relief you had in the trial, i think you should do also. Are you still having high pain nights? I hope that has settled down now. Also, i wanted to do open but the NS wanted the highest resolution & insisted on the closed. But, this machine was open compared to the ones of the past. That was in May, 2012. Hope your having a good night!

Last edited by gmak; 12-18-2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: new info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #108
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User

Gmak:

The past few days I have found that I have been hurting a great deal.

It was like last night I was in an extreme amount of pain. For the past 7 years thur my temple, we work with homeless men with alcohol/drug problems. They actually sleep at my temple for the 2 weeks and we interact with them have dinner with them etc and try to get them back to work and functioning. So yesterday I was there with the men and had dinner with them and after dinner I was hurting beyond belief. The pain level was probably an 8Plus. So I left and went home and took my hydrocodone and tizanidine. I am not feeling some relief but I have found it doesn't take much to set me off with pain.

Usually in the past I would actually sleep at the temple on 1 or 2 nights to supervise while the men stay with us. WE have to sleep on cots & last year I remember how much pain I was in during the night. This year I didn't volunteer to sleep over since I knew what the cots would be like. It would have destroyed me this year if I even tried to sleep over this year.

And it bothers me because I love this project that we work on. It is an interfaith program. They stay with us for 2 weeks then go to a church for 2 weeks. The program goes from November thru April or so and then those that are still in the program move into a transitional house for a year. I am so committed to the program and it bothers me that I can't do as much as I have in the past because of the pain level

I was supposed to go back tonight for dinner etc but backed out because of the way I felt. I cant wait for the surgery to get here already.

The Following User Says Thank You to pebblebeach3 For This Useful Post:
ferd144 (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #109
Inactive
(male)

It's been a week since I went thru the trial implant and a week since the catheter has been taken out.

In that weeks time I can't believe how much pain I am in. I should have expected it. I was told it would return. Yes I have been doing things more then normal so maybe that is contributing to the pain. But the pain is now moderate to severe.

I was at my temple last night and I almost fell from losing my balance. Then someone I knew saw me and he must have seen the pain in my face because he asked. And I said yes Im hurting big time. I ended up coming home earlier then I wished. I was barely moving.

Oh how I hate this with a passion, living this way. I know its 3 weeks away but living with the pain it wont be here soon enough to at least get some relief even if its not 100%. Get me thru this someone.

More later, I need to take some medication and then go lie down.

Thanks all for the lvoe and support.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #110
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Pebble, Im so sorry that your pain is jumping so high, so fast. You said the program goes from Nov - April. But, 2 weeks they stay @ temple. Is there any chance that after your pump put in that you will still be able to help? I ask b/c i know how important this is to you. I hope with rest from all the activity it settles down. Thanks pebble, gmak

Old 12-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #111
Inactive
(male)

gmak:

I have been doing this program for 7 years. Sometimes I have limited contact with the men after the program is over. Some of them are successful in getting back to work etc. This one man and I are stay in contact via Facebook.
The men from last years program I was in contact with some of the men for a while but lost contact but try to get updates on them from their case manager.
A lot of men dont succeed in the program and go back to being homeless & back on the drugs/alcohol.
Some of the men go thru the program several times before they succeed.
Unfortunately there is the dark side as well as one of the men didnt complete the program and he OD'd. It saddens me immensely when I see this happen. Some of these men have lived under bridges; been in jail etc. But getting to know them on a 1 to 1 basis you come to love these men as people.

As to my pain I am not dealing with it very well. I was climbing the walls last night before I went home. I was planning on being their tonight but I can't do it. It is taking so much out of me physically.

Not sure what else to say, but get me thru this somehow!!!!

Closed Thread