It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Isotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB User
Subutex

Hello Friends,

A few questions about Sub-lingual Subutex. My understanding (correct me if I am wrong) is that Buprenorphine tends to monopolize receptors, knocking off any other narcotic that inhabits that receptor. If true, can BT meds be used with Subutex? Second question; I heard that Buprenorphine lowers Testosterone to the point of requiring men to also use Testosterone replacement while taking Subutex, is that true?

Many Thanks,

Iso~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
(female)

CaliGirl HB UserCaliGirl HB UserCaliGirl HB UserCaliGirl HB UserCaliGirl HB User
Re: Subutex

I was on the buprenorphine patch (Butrans patch) for about two months and just loved it. I would go with this over the tablets. It does hijack the opiate receptors so no other narcotic will bind to them. So if you take BT meds, you are wasting them. That said, I didn't need any BT meds while on this. I stopped due to the side effect of impaired urination, which is not very common. I think all narcotics lower T in men. I'm not aware of this medication dong it to a greater degree but then again I'm not a man. When I was on this patch I remembered what it was like to feel "normal" in the head again. I did have some sleep issues (restless sleep).

The Following User Says Thank You to CaliGirl For This Useful Post:
Isotope (11-13-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread