It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #16
Inactive
(female)

dv8er HB User
Re: Nucynta is off my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nochange View Post
dv8er, by the way, what happened to the driver?
I bet he is fine and not suffering from chronic pain at all.

Cars are not very good invention if they can cause chronic pain. I know it's the person who drive it and not the car but still. If cars can cause chronic pain then they are not good invention, period.

They should have kept those carriages...like I said before. THey didn't cause chronic pain.
So what if they were slow? it's better than suffering from pain.

I wish life gets better for you. I also have neck pain, just like you caused by a car accident. Never thought it will happen to me.
hi nochange,

of course nothing happened to the driver. that's how it always works, right? i slapped him with a nice negligence law suit, which, btw, still shows up in case searches, so i hope that continues to follow him. not sure what, if anything, it might do, but i have faith it will come back to bite him in the a$$ at some point. yup, i'm still bitter.

i tend to agree with iso on the 'cars are a bad invention' statement. while cars have the potential to be lethal, like you said, it's the operator of the car that needs modification. how about harsher punishments for drivers that injure passengers? if it's negligence, how about taking a license away for the rest of his or her life? driving is a privilege and too many people take that for granted. the night he almost killed me could have been completely avoided had the driver had some understanding of the repercussions of his actions. no need to punish those who obey the rules, only those who don't.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #17
Inactive
(female)

dv8er HB User

so, days were mixed up and i didn't get to see the newest doc this week, but i still have my appts for next week. all i know is, if i don't have an injection soon, i'm going to flip out. not even an entire patch can touch the pain right now. you know that feeling you get when your foot falls asleep and it starts tingling in a bad way? that's how it feels on the entire right side of my neck going down my back and few inches, then into my shoulder and the larger part of my upper arm. no matter how i twist, turn, or stretch my neck, it won't go away. it's miserable!

Old 01-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #18
Inactive
(female)

dv8er HB User

happy new year everyone!

just wanted to update those i chatted with on my situation. long story short, i switched back to my old pm (in the same practice) and i'm much happier. he upped my patch to 25mcg, which turned out to be way too strong, with norco (10mg) 3 x day. i just saw him again today for injections and told him about the meds and i expressed my concern about the patch. now i am officially off the patch and trying oxy 10mg w/ norco. i was quite nervous about this drug at first, but as some of you mentioned, a lot of it is hype. we shall see. i'm just finally happy i have a doctor that is asking me questions, having me get new scans, and seems concerned. plus, if the oxy turns out to be too strong, i have the norco to last me until my next appointment. i'm no longer living in a state of, "oh no, what happens if..."

i hope everyone is doing well!

Old 01-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #19
Inactive
(female)

dv8er HB User

happy new year everyone!

just wanted to update those i chatted with on my situation. long story short, i switched back to my old pm (in the same practice) and i'm much happier. he upped my patch to 25mcg, which turned out to be way too strong, with norco (10mg) 3 x day. i just saw him again today for injections and told him about the meds and i expressed my concern about the patch. now i am officially off the patch and trying oxy 10mg w/ norco. i was quite nervous about this drug at first, but as some of you mentioned, a lot of it is hype. we shall see. i'm just finally happy i have a doctor that is asking me questions, having me get new scans, and seems concerned. plus, if the oxy turns out to be too strong, i have the norco to last me until my next appointment. i'm no longer living in a state of, "oh no, what happens if..."

i hope everyone is doing well!

Old 03-08-2014, 11:18 AM   #20
(female)

travelbabe29 HB User
Re: Time to cross Nucynta off my list?

reading your post out like reading my life story I've been through all the same drugs that you have been on pain medication for the last 14 years with my back. now my husband who I had shoulder surgery and had complications from it is now learning at the wonderful world of pain management and how ridiculous they are.I swear to you it's so frustrating to now that you know what your body me then what works for you get your pain management doctor wants to give you these brand new dragster just got on the market we still don't know the effects of them yet nordic they work as well as something like a percoset which we know works well we know we can work on way now how they're going to make us feel it is so so frustrating but reading your post is like reading a mere sounds just like my life right now Thanks

Old 03-14-2014, 09:18 AM   #21
(female)

CarrieMarie HB User

I took this as a med change (I know its an ER and lowest possible dose but cant say what exactly, its locked in my safe where it will stay because NO ONE will take it back not law enforcement, not the drs office, pharmacy, no one!) and only had two of the thirty prescribed within a 4 hour period (instructions said take one and if within the hour it was not working or little effect take another). I had the absolute worst reaction & should have went to emergency room.

I had hallucinations, both audial and visual, I have tachycardia (rapid irregular heart beat/rate) and it was almost at 200 bpm- resting, my blood pressure was off the charts and experienced every other possible side effect listed. I could not speak and by the 3rd hour I couldn't recall simple things much less anything over the course of 12 hours.

Neither the doc who prescribed this nor my pharmacist warned me about this medication w.exception of the pharmacist saying that side effects were common and to be watchful. I took it in the early evening (around 6pm) and was awake all night, thinking I may die/lose my mind. My fear of hospitals, not wanting to scare my family and not knowing what was going on kept me from getting proper medical attention. I should have been in the Er having my stomach pumped and crammed full of charcoal!

Only after the meds began to wear off did I realize how dangerous this drug could potentially be for some patients. I was very lucky.

I did have a medication diary I kept the night I took it. (my mom was a wise old gal & kept one any time she would have to take new medications as a cancer patient which gave me the idea). It goes into detail every hour of what was going on with me on this medication. Otherwise I couldn't recall half of what transpired that night. Each hour that passed it becomes more difficult to read what I was writing. It made little sense although words misspelled, misused, out of context was easily deciphered after the fact.

Reading the diary today is frighting! I refuse to try anything "new" again. New meaning nothing I've not heard of or that hasn't been tested thoroughly & over time.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:33 PM   #22
(female)

Carpathian HB User

I tried Nucynta and had no pain relief at all. I'm on 2 forms on morphine now and doing pretty good. I'm also going to start a new compound within the next month.

Reply Reply