It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
(female)

Llisadrew HB User
Smile Pain Meds

I went to the doctors and I was on hydrocordone 500mg and it was not strong enogh for me he switched me to Percocsetts now my question is if they already filled my previous prescription and now he switched my meds can I get the new script filled and now to or do I have to wait till its time which is next month? Or what do I do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: Pain Meds

Just FYI so you can learn about the medications you are taking (and I'm not trying to be snarky...truly trying to help as I think it's good we all know what medicine we take) the 500mg amount is the amount of Acetaminophen in the tablet. The first number is the amount of the opiate.

So if your previous medication was Vicodin or Norco...it may have been 5mg or 10mg . That is the amount of the Hydrocodone (the opiate) and then it shows a / symbol...and then the larger number will be the Acetaminophen.

The new medication you are going to take is Percocet. This has the opiate Oxycodone in it as well as Acetaminophen and will be labeled the same with the smaller milligram first and then the larger milligram.

To answer your question...lol....You should be able to fill the new prescription since it is a totally different medication. Unless the Dr. specifically put a "Do Not Fill until x/x/xxx" date on it....you should be fine.

Hopefully you will get better pain relief...Good luck!

Last edited by Ilovemycutedog; 11-28-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
(female)

Llisadrew HB User
Re: Pain Meds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemycutedog View Post
Just FYI so you can learn about the medications you are taking (and I'm not trying to be snarky...truly trying to help as I think it's good we all know what medicine we take) the 500mg amount is the amount of Acetaminophen in the tablet. The first number is the amount of the opiate.

So if your previous medication was Vicodin or Norco...it may have been 5mg or 10mg . That is the amount of the Hydrocodone (the opiate) and then it shows a / symbol...and then the larger number will be the Acetaminophen.

The new medication you are going to take is Percocet. This has the opiate Oxycodone in it as well as Acetaminophen and will be labeled the same with the smaller milligram first and then the larger milligram.

To answer your question...lol....You should be able to fill the new prescription since it is a totally different medication. Unless the Dr. specifically put a "Do Not Fill until x/x/xxx" date on it....you should be fine.

Hopefully you will get better pain relief...Good luck!

Thank you so much for your input Bless you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
pain meds