It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
(female)

jeter902 HB User
Doctor Rec New Jersey

I need a pain management doctor referral for New Jersey- central preferably. I'm a 23 year old female with terrible neck/shoulder pain. I've had issues since having back surgery in 2006 (several herniated discs, one touching spinal fluid). I've been seeing a PM since 2009 but the pain is getting worse and he just keeps pushing injections. No matter how many times I do them they don't work. And it addition to basically forcing the injections on me he keeps giving me less of my prescription (which is only percocet). The pain is getting worse and everyday is becoming a huge struggle. I'm a hair stylist so moving my neck is very important. Looking for recommendations of another doctor who is looking to actually help not just make money off injections.

Thanks in advance! I hope someone has some help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

babs17 HB Userbabs17 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Doctor Rec New Jersey

Hello jeter902~

I'm not sure if you still needed any information on a good PM MD for the Central NJ area, but here are my Rec's:
Dr. Larry Kanter

Another MD that showed compassion & intellect is:
Dr. Jeffrey Petersohn

Good Luck to you!!

C4-C7 Herniations
T5-T10 Herniations
L3-S1 Herniations
Thoracic Fusion via Thoracotomy 10/06

Last edited by Administrator; 01-21-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
(female)

Neecywoman HB User
Re: Doctor Rec New Jersey

I'm in central NJ (Flemington). Perhaps its time to get a new evaluation on your worsening symptoms. I had a L4 L5 S1 fusion in 09. I also had the complication of it being a workers comp injury and they will do anything (or nohting) to get you back to work ready or not. Anyway, I had ongoing and worsening issues and with my own insurance I just started seeing Drs at The Rothman Institute. Rothmans "home base" is Rothman institute at Jerfferson in Philly. They have a number of locations. I go to their place in Bensalem Pa which not only houses all the drs offices its a hospital and testing facility. The have a reputation of being the best of the best! Its worth looking into. be well....Denice

Old 06-27-2013, 01:54 AM   #4
(female)

karlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB User
Re: Doctor Rec New Jersey

Hi there. It's nice to meet you I'm really sorry for the way your current Pain Dr. Is taking care of you! There is 1 Pain Dr. in my small town and she doesn't prescribe any narcotics. She only gives injections. When I called them for an appt., the receptionist informed me right after she asked me to spell my name. When I first started pain management, a few years ago, I made NO progress, or received any type of pain relief when the injections were my Treatment plan. I kept trying it anyways, thinking I had to since my pain management Dr. that I was assigned too suggested it for me. As soon as I found out otherwise, I was able to get prescribed Oxycodone and Morphine. Well, I sure hope one of these other PM Drs. that were just referred to you work out well for you. Have a good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs17 View Post
Hello jeter902~

I'm not sure if you still needed any information on a good PM MD for the Central NJ area, but here are my Rec's:
Dr. Larry Kanter

Another MD that showed compassion & intellect is:
Dr. Jeffrey Petersohn

Good Luck to you!!

Reply Reply