It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 01:51 AM   #1
(female)

luvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB User
Anyone on Fentanyl Patches and have a power port implant?

Hello Everyone, I first want to say that I thank everyone on this board that have read my post and answered some of my post. I know pretty much everyone on here knows what I am going through and is understanding. For those who have read my posts or threads then you all know that my messages be very long. I just want the person who I am posting, to understand that I understand what they are going through. Having Lupus for over 15 years, I have a lot to talk about and many of different issues that I have been through. So I want to thank anyone who has read my post without taking a lunch break. I don't mean to do these long posts all the time. Once I start the reply, I want the reader to know that they are not alone. Just wanted to say I really appreciate you all.

I have been a pain management patient for many years due to Lupus. Multiple health problems over the years. So a few years ago, the doctor decided to implant a power port. So my port is in the right side of my chest on the main artery. I am on Fentanyl patches 75 mg every 48 hours. I have been on it for quite some time now. The question I have is have anyone been on fentanyl patch and has a port? And have you ever applied the patch on the side of your chest where the port is implanted? If so, did you get your regular relief from the patch or did you feel it wasn't working as good as it was when you applied it to the other parts of your body? Because of the limited areas to where you can apply the patch, I want to put it on that side but I don't want to if I am not going to be getting the correct amount of medicine and that would just be a patch wasted. Any shared info would be GREAT!! Hope everyone has a good day!
Pancreatic Stent
Osteoarthritis
Stroke
Leukopenia
Migraines
Power Port implant 2010
Total Right Hip Replacement

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread