It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User
Been Very Sick... Missed everyone... have >>

Hi everyone. Happy New Year! I have had a VERY long hard year with my Sjogrens, Lupus, HORRIFIC back issues and this totaled 36 appointments with the doctors in 2012. Already SO FAR I do have 6 lined up for 2013.

Now travel has been challenging due to my health, and the winter months make things hard. ONE solution that I know I can handle as long as the headaches don't return is this. TRADE my breakthrough pain of percocet to Vicodin. At LEAST that can be called in, given refills as well for any emergency were I were sick and could not travel OR my doctor was out.

NOW for the HUGE issue. That being opana ER 20mg 2x a day. There is NO question that I need a good amount of pain relief. ALL of you that know me, know that I never went UP on my mg. and feel good about that.

Should I consider a NON ER type where I can break the pill IF my day was a bit better? I SO wish there were something that could take ITS place that could also be called in, but I guess not.

After Hurricane Sandy which was not far from my home, I have to admit, I thought "what if?" What if all pharmacies were down? What IF I could not get to a doctor's building that was not there. What can I do to get relief while protecting my inability to drive OR if a day came where I needed something called IN??????????????????????

Please don't think me foolish. I see nothing really about a GREAT opana ER taper....(slow I do imagine) but you know, is instant relief meds something that would give ME more control while I get the pain relief so needed.

My Lupus is a mess and I am not allergic to plaquenil, one of the only Lupus meds really that help. I had a dangerous all over body rash. AND my Sjogrens is out of control, it appears I may have some heart issues and my back..well that is just another ongoing mess. Sadly in my area the cortisone that they inject in my back was part of that news story where folks got and DIED from getting fungal menengitis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! all do to a FILTHY facility. And because NONE of the places are under FDA regs,...well we all take a big chance. I don't want to die trying to sit (my horrific tailbone) or walk..ya know.

I mean it when I say I wish you all the BEST. IF anyone can think of anything...an opana taper, but replacement for that?????? As I said I do have the percocet change set.......but this running 20 miles, once a month with my health and its decline is so hard on me. BIG SAD FACE!
And no, I have no dependable family or friends that can make that trip for me, sadly. I have GREAT friends but like me...poor health now.

Thanks again..ANYTHING you can tell me will be greatly appreciated!!!!
Madison

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB User
Re: Been Very Sick..Missed everyone..have >>

hi madison-

research dr joel wallach and i believe this will help you. good luck

Closed Thread