It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
(female)

Neecywoman HB User
Anyone dealing with vasovagel syncope?

I've passed out from pain or nerve stimulation since i was a kid. Now with chronic back and hip pain its gotten worse. I would try to push through the pain but then i would start to sweat and feel lightheaded. Well, i passed out once in public and now i go out even less. I just started with a new group of Drs to try to find some answers about what exactly is triggering my pain. I had a lubar fusion L4 L5 S1 so it could be a number of things.
I'd like to hear how others handle this.
be well
Denice

Old 01-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB User
Re: Anyone dealing with vasovagel syncope?

I dealt with this as a kid, plus more infrequently now as an adult. As a kid I'd actually faint quite often. Now I mostly get it after injections for whatever reason...can't figure out if it is actually physical, or just psychological (although I'm not afraid of needles and have no problem with a blood draw for example, plus it happens during/after, not before). Plus motion sickness presents pretty similar to vasovagal for me.

Mine isn't linked to pain though. I hope that your doctors can work with you. Seems like getting the pain better under control would help? Do you get some notice so you can sit down? As soon as the symptoms start I sit down with my head between my knees. Or better yet, I lie down and have something cool, whether its just a cold tile floor, or a wet washcloth.

Besides being proactive in sitting down, and trying to better manage your pain, you might want to keep a rapid cold pack (those instant activation disposable type) in your purse if you think it would help to put on your neck. If walking is causing you pain and causing these symptoms, as a short term solution, using one of the scooters at the store could help. Hope the new doctors are helpful. Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User

I don't have advice but do suffer from the same problem. I once passed out and fell down my steps. Now I am being cut off from pain meds and fear that my my life will be hell. Sometimes I can feel it coming on and try to just lay down and close my eyes but I know that is not always possible. Good luck I hope you feel better!

Old 03-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
(female)

Neecywoman HB User

My pain is now being managed with three pain meds. Mine is definitely physialogical. Motion an be an issue at times also....didn't even think ti link that.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User

Just want to add I know even as a teen I would come close to passing out whenever there was an onset of accute pain. In addition to the passing out, I would vomit. It's a pretty extreme case... I don't know about you but I have very low blood pressure which causes me to faint easier since any quick drop in bp effects me negatively. I'm wondering if that could be something you are experiencing as well?

Closed Thread