It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #16
(female)

lmklahre HB User
Re: Generic Opana ER ?

I've been getting the Opana Er 15mg's generic for about 3 months now. I didn't even know they had them till I switched Pharmacist's and he told me that they carried them. I was overjoyed due to price difference(50 bucks to 7) with insurance.
I love,love them so much better then the brand named ones.
My opinion!
Just ask your Pharmasist about it.
Lisa

Old 03-19-2013, 07:53 AM   #17
(female)

Paininohio HB UserPaininohio HB UserPaininohio HB UserPaininohio HB UserPaininohio HB UserPaininohio HB UserPaininohio HB User

I turned in my husband's prescription for Opana ER and the pharmacist told me if i didn't want the generic then she'd have to order it, but they had the generic in stock. Hopefully this helps someone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #18
(female)

Vimy HB User

I was switched from MS Contin to Opana ER. The Opanas are expensive. I called my pharmacy today and the pharmacist said there are no generic Opana ERs. He did tell me the Opana IRs have a generic. (I do realize your post was several years ago.)

Old 05-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

tortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB User

This post was only a few months ago. Your pharmacist is mistaken. They do make a generic Opana ER. However, it is possible this particular pharmacy can't order it through their supplier, or chooses not to. Try a different pharmacy (although keep in mind that with certain contracts, you would have to notify your doctor if you use a different pharmacy). Best wishes.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #20
(male)

anthony6523 HB User

Yep they come in generic and they are still pricey. Opana 40mg. 60 pills (2 a day) costs $557.69. I do not find them very effective. I was on roxies 30mg. 4x day. A lot of money for a poor drug IMO. Wish I could tell my doctor to try to switch to something else what, I do not know.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-10-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #21
(male)

Robert0305 HB User

It's been available since January 2013.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #22
(male)

anthony6523 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vimy View Post
I was switched from MS Contin to Opana ER. The Opanas are expensive. I called my pharmacy today and the pharmacist said there are no generic Opana ERs. He did tell me the Opana IRs have a generic. (I do realize your post was several years ago.)

Which one are you getting the best pain relief from? the opana or the MS con?

Old 06-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #23
(male)

anthony6523 HB User
Question Re: Generic Opana ER ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vimy View Post

which works better the ms-contin or the opana?

Reply Reply