It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #16
(female)

ctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB User
Re: Pain Management Questions

I am so sorry to hear about this! I would def ask for another referral. If he current PM dr will not treat your pain, even with you agreeing to pt and other options, you need a new dr. Some drs are totally against treating pain with medications, but he can not expect you to suffer day after day. I would understand if he finds an alternative treatment that works for you, but until then something needs to be done.
Call you insurance company and see who is covered and ask your PCP for a referral. Even if you have a pain contract, you can voluntarly withdraw from it. Then find yourself a new, more understanding PM dr.
I am so sorry you are going through this and totally understand how you feel. I really hope you have some luck and get pain relief soon.
I was at the ER myself all day today. My PCP said I had a UTI Wed. I was hurting, running a fever, getting sick.. Well I went to my PM dr this morning and she sent me straight to the ER. Turns out it is an infected kidney stone.. I feel your pain, literally.

The following user gives a hug of support to ctrue:
gmak (02-01-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 03:55 AM   #17
(female)

tvba HB User
Exclamation Re: Pain Management Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrue View Post
I am so sorry to hear about this! I would def ask for another referral. If he current PM dr will not treat your pain, even with you agreeing to pt and other options, you need a new dr. Some drs are totally against treating pain with medications, but he can not expect you to suffer day after day. I would understand if he finds an alternative treatment that works for you, but until then something needs to be done.
Call you insurance company and see who is covered and ask your PCP for a referral. Even if you have a pain contract, you can voluntarly withdraw from it. Then find yourself a new, more understanding PM dr.
I am so sorry you are going through this and totally understand how you feel. I really hope you have some luck and get pain relief soon.
I was at the ER myself all day today. My PCP said I had a UTI Wed. I was hurting, running a fever, getting sick.. Well I went to my PM dr this morning and she sent me straight to the ER. Turns out it is an infected kidney stone.. I feel your pain, literally.
So sorry you have infection!
Hope you are feeling better.
Needless to say I am frustrated feeling no one will listen or that anyone believes my pain. It gets to the point where I start doubting myself since no one will help me!

Hope you're feeling better ctrue !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #18
(female)

ctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvba View Post
So sorry you have infection!
Hope you are feeling better.
Needless to say I am frustrated feeling no one will listen or that anyone believes my pain. It gets to the point where I start doubting myself since no one will help me!

Hope you're feeling better ctrue !
Thank you! I had a pretty rough weekend but I am feeling better now. I am more worried about you! You poor thing and all you are going through.
Please dont let the doctor make you doubt how you feel!! You alone know your body and what pain you are in. I am sorry no one is listening to you and you are having to continue to suffer.
I would try another doctor and keep trying until you find one that listens. Make them understand you do not mind alternatives, but need pain relief in the mean time. You should not have to live day after day in pain. I know alot of doctors are hesitant when it comes to prescribing opiate meds, but there are some out there that understand that is some peoples only form of relief..
It took me awhile to find my doctor but I am so glad I didnt give up.
Keep on searching, go back and ask that dr to refer you again. Ask her if she can help with the pain until you can find a permanant dr. Keep at it until you get a doctor that understands. In the meantime I would have the MRI (for proof of medical issues) and try pt to show them you are willing to do whatever it takes to get relief.
Good luck and you are def in my prayers!!

Old 02-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #19
(female)

tvba HB User

Thanks I am awaiting a reply from my pcm,
but like I said am really beginning to lose hope.
Hope you're feeling better.

Closed Thread