It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
(female)

5alive HB User5alive HB User5alive HB User
Question Is lemon water diet changing my tolerence?

First off i am sorry for not contributing as much as i should.my ms changed alot.

I take ms contin 100mg la 2 a day (generic)and norco 7somthing 2 a day if needed.I have been filling a jug of water with a squeezed lemon juice in it.I saw it on tv for weight loss.
I need to find out if that will interfere with meds also i take effexer generic.the la med now are tablets that look like grey thicker tabs yuck.
the way the water is now, i can drink it ,i don't like water.
thank you
again i feel bad not posting more.i'm down to a pinkie typer who mispells everything
if it's a cleansing diet, hubby said"maybe you're mes right out soon as i take it" i hope someone can help me
your a great group.i know that much

Old 02-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB User
Re: Is lemon water diet changing my tolerence?

So this is only lemon juice added to water? Since lemon juice would also be in lemonade, etc, I don't see how it could interact with anything (grapefruit juice however I know interacts with some meds). However, your pharmacist would be a good person to ask.

As a side note, this doesn't sound like it would have any weight loss benefit, although I don't see the harm, especially if it gets you to drink water, and assuming you aren't doing something excessive like drinking gallons of water a day (as too much can actually be bad same as too little).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
(female)

thank you i was wondering for that reason i heard about grapefruit juice.as for talking to my pharmacist,i realy don't know who are the pharmacists.you got 5 people running all behind the counter,i thought i would get a better answer here and maybe get a chance to break the ice for me so to speak.I must say never thought lemmonade.oh,when i said jug hubby works for local water company.i thnk it is around 2pints(seems like gallons when you don't like water anyhoot thank you

Old 02-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB User

Just go to the counter and say you have a question for the pharmacist; one of the techs will bring them up. Or, the same thing on the phone. There is always a pharmacist there is the pharmacy is open.

The following user gives a hug of support to tortoisegirl:
5alive (02-24-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisegirl For This Useful Post:
5alive (02-24-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5alive View Post
First off i am sorry for not contributing as much as i should.my ms changed alot.
I take ms contin 100mg la 2 a day (generic)and norco 7somthing 2 a day if needed.I have been filling a jug of water with a squeezed lemon juice in it.I saw it on tv for weight loss.
I need to find out if that will interfere with meds also i take effexer generic.the la med now are tablets that look like grey thicker tabs yuck.
the way the water is now, i can drink it ,i don't like water.
thank you
again i feel bad not posting more.i'm down to a pinkie typer who mispells everything
if it's a cleansing diet, hubby said"maybe you're mes right out soon as i take it" i hope someone can help me
your a great group.i know that much
Hi 5 alive, I dont like water either so i have been putting an inch of juice,( apple, cranberry, lemon, or oj) ine the bottom of an 8 oz glass then fill the glass with bottled water & ice for 18 years. And ive been on la & sa narcotics the whole time & have never had any
problems. However, if you feel like its cleansing you like a bowel
cleanse & develop diarrhea then of course it could be affecting the
electrolytes, or your hydration & you would need to see the dr. & learning to call & ask for the pharmacist is very valuable for all patients that take medicine, at least it is to me.Glad to meet you.

Last edited by gmak; 02-24-2013 at 07:39 AM. Reason: typos, wording

The following user gives a hug of support to gmak:
5alive (02-24-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to gmak For This Useful Post:
5alive (02-24-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

If artificial sweeteners don't bother you, I'd suggest Mio water flavor drops, Crystal Light, and sugar free Powerade. The Mio comes in a small bottle where you add drops to the water (suitable to taste), and you can get single serve Crystal Light packets, so both are quite portable. The Powerade is pre-mixed.

Its important to drink enough water, and remember that caffeinated drinks like coffee and most sodas aren't the same. I love carbonated water and diet soda, but it seems to cause more bloating for me, so I limit it to one diet soda a day. Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisegirl For This Useful Post:
5alive (02-24-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
(male)

murphwi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoisegirl View Post
If artificial sweeteners don't bother you, I'd suggest Mio water flavor drops, Crystal Light, and sugar free Powerade. The Mio comes in a small bottle where you add drops to the water (suitable to taste), and you can get single serve Crystal Light packets, so both are quite portable. The Powerade is pre-mixed.

Its important to drink enough water, and remember that caffeinated drinks like coffee and most sodas aren't the same. I love carbonated water and diet soda, but it seems to cause more bloating for me, so I limit it to one diet soda a day. Best wishes.
Hey, I also recommend that flavor drops/crystal light stuff. The reason I say this is although lemon juice is probably fine I am well aware that grapefruit juice and other foods can cause major problems with some medicines. I don't think it is a problem with opiates but you never know.

The thing is that MOST meds that have issues with certain things like foods tell you in the huge print out you get with the medicine. The ones that have MAJOR issues tell you on the bottle. I have taken MULTIPLE medication that have had eating restrictions.

You can also get the really unlikely side effects that they really are not sure about from the company websites usually. For example quick wait loss on Fentaynl could possibly cause an increase in dosing because it is possible that it could store in your fat.

You can get all this stuff USUALLY...

Old 03-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
(female)

thank you to all.the days that I've had the right amount of water in my system,i've felt good,so no matter what...bottoms up!

P.S hubby works for water company.so we have plenty.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #9
(female)

thank you to all.the days that I've had the right amount of water in my system,i've felt good,so no matter what...bottoms up!

P.S hubby works for water company.so we have plenty.

Closed Thread