It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
(female)

darr57 HB User
Need pain managment doctor -asap !!!

Iv'e had severe Psoriatic arthritis and Osteo arthritis for over 12 yrs now,had 2 total hip replacemnets and need 4 more surgerys.I need to find a pain management doctor asap in a week !!! and i live in Cornelius Oregon.Which is about 20 miles from portland theres a few in hillsboro which are close but i'd like to find a doctor who understand my severe arthritis conditions without wanting to inject steriods.The pain is horrible and my current rhemutologist wants me to see pain management doctor.Injections do not work i've had some and it does absoultly nothing for my joint pain.I've had everything under the sun in anti in flammority drugs they dont work either.Currently im on Remicade treatment every 6 weeks and it does help but it does not eliminate the pain at all. I hate being in pain all the time and being limited life style.Can anyone please suggest a doctor who understands my severe joint pain and prescribe me my pain meds..Thank you

The following user gives a hug of support to darr57:
rainbowsrock (11-12-2013)
Old 11-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB User
Re: Need pain managment doctor -asap !!!

Welcome! Sorry you are struggling. I'm not local so I don't have any specific suggestions. Did your rhemutologist not have one in mind to refer you to? That is typical. If not, then ask your primary doctor or any other doctor you see for a recommendation. If nothing else, you'll have to search for local pain clinics/doctors and try to find out enough info to see if you want an appointment.

It wouldn't hurt to make an appointment with more than one doctor, asking about what their treatment plan for you would be, to see if you agree. Just be sure you don't get any opiate pain meds from more than one doctor at a time. It can take some trial & error to find a pain doctor which is a good fit. Sometimes their website or reviews can give clues as to what type of practice they run. You want someone which will provide as many treatment options as possible, not just one type. Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2013, 02:05 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Need pain managment doctor -asap !!!

Hi darr, I am an intractable pain patient & my dr is a physical medicine & rehabilitation physician MD, a physiatrist & he sees a wide variety of patients for example some are arthritis patients, pain patients, post op joint replacement patients, people with autoimmune diseases that the rheumy has referred to him, neuropathy patients, etc because his goal is to restore & establish functioning to the highest level achievable for patients with disabilities,pain, injuries,diseases,disorders, etc using testing, medicines, PT, rehab, trigger point injections, many modalities but he does not do epidural or facet injections. His practice like most PM&R drs is about 50% acute & chronic pain patients & 50% physical rehabilitation. I have been his patient for 13 years & i am so blessed to have him for my dr. Im sorry that you have endured so much pain & i hope that you find a dr soon that finds a working treatment plan that helps you get relief soon!

Last edited by gmak; 11-12-2013 at 02:26 AM. Reason: typos

Reply Reply