It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2003, 09:29 AM   #1
(male)

chriscwharris HB User
Heavy Head? Numb?

My head just feels heavy at the moment, and numb. Anyone else get that?
Feels like it's a struggle to keep it up. My left arm has been numb aswell for a few days.

My anxiety has been a bit bad recently so it's probably all related. But it's a very uncomfortable feeling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2003, 09:32 AM   #2
Veteran

DawnMarie1978 HB User
I get that sometimes too,

I also get that wierd feeling that I can't get up from a standing position sometimes because there is so much "weight" all feelings though

You know that good old hypnosis trick where they tell you your hand is getting heavier and heavier and soon it feels like your hand can't move?

Its all your mind creating something for you, it sucks doesn't it?

Every time I get over one thing a new symptom comes, it's called symptom shifting and is looked upon as a good thing. Your mind just rechallenges you with "new" symptoms to keep that fear or anxiety going.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2003, 11:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscwharris
My head just feels heavy at the moment, and numb. Anyone else get that?
Feels like it's a struggle to keep it up. My left arm has been numb aswell for a few days.

My anxiety has been a bit bad recently so it's probably all related. But it's a very uncomfortable feeling.
Hi~
I get this, too. For me it is like a numb, tingling sensation over my scalp and face along with a feeling of severe pressure. A couple months ago I had this feeling constantly for almost 2 weeks. I also have numbness in my arms and hands sometimes.

Take care~
hilery

Old 11-05-2003, 12:13 PM   #4
(male)

chriscwharris HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilery79
Hi~
I get this, too. For me it is like a numb, tingling sensation over my scalp and face along with a feeling of severe pressure. A couple months ago I had this feeling constantly for almost 2 weeks. I also have numbness in my arms and hands sometimes.

Take care~
hilery
to add to the list I seem to hve a burning feeling across my chest tonight, feels like sunburn type of tingly burning.

Boy am I fed up with this...

Old 11-06-2003, 08:26 AM   #5
(male)

chriscwharris HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscwharris
to add to the list I seem to hve a burning feeling across my chest tonight, feels like sunburn type of tingly burning.

Boy am I fed up with this...
The good news is the burning feeling eventually went away! The bad news is my head still feels weird, heavy, numb. My left arm still feels numb and tingly. Been having a bit of nausea aswell, not sure it it's related or not.

I feel like I could just go to bed and sleep for hours!

Old 11-06-2003, 09:43 AM   #6
Veteran

DawnMarie1978 HB User
Chris I could literally name of hundreds of symptoms of anxiety, reason for this is, when you get anxious your nervous system is disrupted, (thats why so many doctors want to give you tranquilizers like xanax and klonopin) because it calms your nervous system.

Anyways most people dont realize this, but when you are anxious, and your mind is at work playing with you, it can have fun literally anywhere it wants.

Thats because or nerves are located EVERYWHERE on and in our body including muscles, skin, organs (like stomach) hense the nasau, muscle tightning, tingling, and burning feeling on your skin sometimes (boy I hate that) but the important thing to remember is it is not dangerous no matter how bad it gets.So what I am saying is whether it be internal or external anxiety can get you, if you let it.

Just a stupid fact I came across you probably already know, but just in case, did you know that over 95% of people with panic are chest breathers, meaning we don't breathe with our tummy/diaphram area like we are supposed to, we breathe with our upper chest.

Give it a try when you get anxious, when you breathe your tummy area should be rising and falling, not your chest at all.

I read one of your other posts You said that the doctor is tripling your dose? How are you feeling so far?

Last edited by DawnMarie1978; 11-06-2003 at 09:45 AM.

Old 11-06-2003, 10:23 AM   #7
(male)

chriscwharris HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarie1978
Chris I could literally name of hundreds of symptoms of anxiety, reason for this is, when you get anxious your nervous system is disrupted, (thats why so many doctors want to give you tranquilizers like xanax and klonopin) because it calms your nervous system.

Anyways most people dont realize this, but when you are anxious, and your mind is at work playing with you, it can have fun literally anywhere it wants.

Thats because or nerves are located EVERYWHERE on and in our body including muscles, skin, organs (like stomach) hense the nasau, muscle tightning, tingling, and burning feeling on your skin sometimes (boy I hate that) but the important thing to remember is it is not dangerous no matter how bad it gets.So what I am saying is whether it be internal or external anxiety can get you, if you let it.

Just a stupid fact I came across you probably already know, but just in case, did you know that over 95% of people with panic are chest breathers, meaning we don't breathe with our tummy/diaphram area like we are supposed to, we breathe with our upper chest.

Give it a try when you get anxious, when you breathe your tummy area should be rising and falling, not your chest at all.

I read one of your other posts You said that the doctor is tripling your dose? How are you feeling so far?
I had the full dose last night, no real change yet, although I managed to get through today with only minor symptoms. Thought panic was coming a couple of times but held it off!

Old 11-06-2003, 11:06 PM   #8

PurpleHaze HB User
Good luck with the new dose Chris, keep us informed how you doing

Old 11-08-2003, 03:53 PM   #9

kchap10 HB User
I just had that feeling!!!! I tried the breathing and it WORKED!!!!

Closed Thread