It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2004, 11:42 PM   #1
(female)

Madj HB User
Question Do you feel well when you are not having the panic attacks???

Do you feel well when you are not having the panic attacks??? Even when I am not having a panic attack I still donít feel well. Of course I canít say that is all the time, but most of the time. For example: now I might be feeling dizzy, then I might have a headache, then I might be feeling another thing and then another thing. I really wonder if itís the same for you

Old 01-20-2004, 03:00 AM   #2

Jordie HB User
Re: Do you feel well when you are not having the panic attacks???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madj
Do you feel well when you are not having the panic attacks??? Even when I am not having a panic attack I still donít feel well. Of course I canít say that is all the time, but most of the time. For example: now I might be feeling dizzy, then I might have a headache, then I might be feeling another thing and then another thing. I really wonder if itís the same for you

I feel exactly the same as you. Every day, not an hour goes by that I don't have a thought flash through that I should go to the doc's to 'check that out'. Mind you I've given up doing that, and try to ignore what ever ailment I feel.

As soon as you get rid of something, another thing replaces it.

It's a right pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2004, 04:16 AM   #3
(female)

Madj HB User

Dear Jordie,

It helps to see that other people feel the same way as I do. Thanks for replying.

Madj

Old 01-20-2004, 10:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

some feel happy and relaxed between panic attacks, others are stressed all the time

Old 01-20-2004, 04:44 PM   #5
(male)

electriman HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hry33
some feel happy and relaxed between panic attacks, others are stressed all the time
Unfortunately for me I'm one who is stressed all the time. I always seem to feel under the weather. JC

Old 01-20-2004, 06:35 PM   #6

Mandy904 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by electriman
Unfortunately for me I'm one who is stressed all the time. I always seem to feel under the weather. JC

I feel that same way, if its not a headache, its dizzy if its not dizzy its a weird sensation. if its not that its chest pains... its never ending and fight now i'm having a really bad nervous attack... scared really scared

Mandy

Old 01-20-2004, 09:26 PM   #7

PJG HB User

What you are all describing is Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I have had it since I was 5 years old. Even then I was worried about getting sick. I also have panic attacks but I go months without having one. However I have other symptoms almost everyday such as lightheadedness, head pressure, off-balance feeling, headaches and on and on. I could manage this much better if I only had panic attacks. At least there is some relief in between attacks but with GAD it is an almost constant uncomfortable feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplegirl
im there too.. always something wrong with me i havent felt "good" in a very very long time.. always feeling shakie, odd chest pains, numbness, back burning, on and on... makes me wonder if you ever get to feel "normal" as well...

Old 01-20-2004, 10:45 PM   #8
(female)

Madj HB User

PJG

I feel exactly the same way too. And yes my problem is not only panic attacks but anxiety too. Can people get panic attacks without having an anxiety problem??

How are you anyway?? Are you feeling any better??

Madj

Old 01-21-2004, 08:20 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

Some12 HB User
Smile Re: Do you feel well when you are not having the panic attacks???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJG
What you are all describing is Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I have had it since I was 5 years old. Even then I was worried about getting sick. I also have panic attacks but I go months without having one. However I have other symptoms almost everyday such as lightheadedness, head pressure, off-balance feeling, headaches and on and on. I could manage this much better if I only had panic attacks. At least there is some relief in between attacks but with GAD it is an almost constant uncomfortable feeling.
Dear PJG,
I guess that I just have to agree to disagree with dealing with this if it were only just panic attacks, as it is only an opinion from either of us of our own situiation. Have a good one my Friend.

Sincerely,

Sickman

Old 01-21-2004, 10:34 AM   #10
(male)

MetalDetector HB User

PJG
I totally understand where you're coming from. I used to have panic attacks now and then, and they were bad ones, but when they were gone I felt "normal". Today I rarely have full blown attacks, but I now have a constant overwhelming feeling of anxiety almost all of the time which interferes with just about every aspect of my life. I look back at the years when I just had the panic attacks as the good old days-at least I got a break.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:22 AM   #11

PJG HB User

Hi Madj,
I don't think you can get panic attacks if you do not have an anxiety problem. In my opinion panic attacks, anxiety and depression all go hand in hand. I believe that the anxiety brings on my depression.
MetalDetector, yes that is exactly what I am talking about. I hate panic attacks and would not wish them on my worst enemy but at least when they are over I feel some relief. This unrelenting anxiety is by far the worst for me. I had read a few years ago that when we worry constantly and obsess about things that we change our brain chemistry. That is what brings on the constant anxiety. Supposedly if we do daily relaxation, use positive dialogue and stop dwelling on the what if's, then we can actually change our brain chemistry to what it was without the use of drugs. There are many people who have done it. I, however, have not been able to. But I also have never done these things daily for an extended period of time. I start too but then I begin to feel better and stop. Then I get worse again.
Sickman, do you have GAD or just panic attacks? I can certainly understand someone who does not have GAD but only panic attacks would feel as you do. GAD is just not something people understand unless they are going through it. Just like panic attacks.
I hope we all feel better soon!
PJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDetector
PJG
I totally understand where you're coming from. I used to have panic attacks now and then, and they were bad ones, but when they were gone I felt "normal". Today I rarely have full blown attacks, but I now have a constant overwhelming feeling of anxiety almost all of the time which interferes with just about every aspect of my life. I look back at the years when I just had the panic attacks as the good old days-at least I got a break.

Old 01-21-2004, 04:52 PM   #12
(male)

electriman HB User

I haven't had a panic attack in about a year but as they subsided the constant anxiety started. Maybe the anxiety started from the waiting for the next attack to come. I truely beleive that somehow I can someday overcome this hole deal. I was normal once. (Relatively speaking) So I can be normal again. If only I wasn't so tuned in to every sensation my body produces now I'd have it made.Today I'm optomistic and I think we all can beat it. JC

Old 01-21-2004, 05:01 PM   #13
(male)

electriman HB User
Unhappy Re: Do you feel well when you are not having the panic attacks???

I just read what I posted. I shouldn't have said be normal again. I don't want to imply that somebody with panic and anxiety isn't normal. That isn't true. It's more like we are supertuned to our physical reactions to stimuli. So hopefully we will all be less tuned in to our bodily reactions someday. JC

Old 01-21-2004, 08:00 PM   #14
Senior Veteran

Some12 HB User
Smile Re: Do you feel well when you are not having the panic attacks???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJG
Hi Madj,
I don't think you can get panic attacks if you do not have an anxiety problem. In my opinion panic attacks, anxiety and depression all go hand in hand. I believe that the anxiety brings on my depression.
MetalDetector, yes that is exactly what I am talking about. I hate panic attacks and would not wish them on my worst enemy but at least when they are over I feel some relief. This unrelenting anxiety is by far the worst for me. I had read a few years ago that when we worry constantly and obsess about things that we change our brain chemistry. That is what brings on the constant anxiety. Supposedly if we do daily relaxation, use positive dialogue and stop dwelling on the what if's, then we can actually change our brain chemistry to what it was without the use of drugs. There are many people who have done it. I, however, have not been able to. But I also have never done these things daily for an extended period of time. I start too but then I begin to feel better and stop. Then I get worse again.
Sickman, do you have GAD or just panic attacks? I can certainly understand someone who does not have GAD but only panic attacks would feel as you do. GAD is just not something people understand unless they are going through it. Just like panic attacks.
I hope we all feel better soon!
PJG
Dear PJG,
I guess you haven't read very many of my posts so let me just say this:
I have constant GAD, PTSD, OCD, Depression, cluster panic disorer, and a siezure disorder that can not be diagnosed. I have been ill with things that could not be diagnosised for over 30 years and since I have no choice but to have this everyday and during my sleep waking with it, I have a pretty good handle on what is what about any of the above. Not trying to say that I suffer worse then anyone else, it is the pits and I would like to use other words not allowed on the board to describe it. I can understand that you feel that the anxiety symptoms are worse then the attacks, it effects everyone different. I am not arguing with you. I probably would disagree with some things if we were really to start discussing it, but I guess it really doesn't matter. We are all in the same boat, no matter what the symptoms, causes or possibilites. I just wanted you to know, Peacefully or course, that I am not someone that does not understand what the difference is between GAD and Panic Disorder. Hey, I respect your opinion, just like I do anyone elses with any of these disorders. I can't say that you are right or wrong nor can I say that I am. I think we can all agree that no one really knows all the answers but we surely all know the misery. Have a nice day, and nothing negative intended.

Sincerely,

Sickman

Old 01-21-2004, 08:30 PM   #15
(male)

MetalDetector HB User

geez Sickman, all PJG asked you was if you had GAD or just panic attacks.

Closed Thread