It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2004, 04:52 PM   #16
Veteran

KayT HB User
Re: Hi all...........Kaytee here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori j
Hi Kaytee, I was saddened to see Sickmans post that he was leaving, too. I hope somehow he will be able to come back & post.

I was on amitriptyline for 7 years and it finally quit working for me last spring, but I really didn't do a thing about it til this last fall. About Oct. I went to my doc to see about getting on something new. Well, he put me on Lexapro (SSRI) and I had awful reactions, then he tried effexor & same thing. Finally, I got an appointment with a psychiatrist (figure he is more familiar with this type of med) and I told him this whole story. Well, amitrip. is one of the older tricyclic meds for depression and since I did well on that for a long time, he decided to try me on another tricyclic and that is what vivactil is, other name for it is protriptyline. Then he tried to up the dose after 4 weeks, but the one side affect, the dry mouth & nasal passages & throat were too much, so he had to keep me at the lower dose & only option he had was to either try another med or add to this one. So, he added luvox to it, he said it is a med for OCD, well I obsessively worry about everything when my meds aren't working. So far, they both seem to be working for me, I'm not obsessing like I was & not feeling the dark hole of depression. So, that is why I'm on these older meds. I can't seem to tolerate some of the newer ssri's...

Hi Lori,

I used to take Imipramine which is an old anti depressent as well. It seemed to work well for me at the time. I took it with Klonopin. But when I got pregnant with my daugther the doc cut me cold turkey, so it made me pretty sick.......now I'm a bit afraid of the Klonopin........the withdrawal from it was pretty bad..........but I was also pregnant.........so that may have made it worse..........

Today I felt flu like most of the day, a bit of anxiety tried to hit me a while ago but I got busy with dinner and tried to ignore it. I am only on day 18 of the Zoloft so I know it has a ways to go in order to work fully. I"m just hanging in there.........been tapering down the Xanax very slowly.......I want to give the Zoloft a bit more time to work and give the Xanax plenty of time to decrease so I don't have withdrawal..............

The light headed feeling wasn't as bad today.......but when I get it I really feel as if I am going to pass out.........but I don't.........it's strange........I think it's more of a feeling rather then really going to happen.........it's different then when I have a panic attack, because when I have a panic attack my back gets real tingly and it shoots up my neck..........with this my back gets very hot and it heats up to my neck.........even my face feels hot stomtimes.........very strange.............anyhow, that has been the case throughout my withdrawal.......the hot back..........so when I feel the hot back thing I know whatever is coming is from the withdrawal..........

Better get going,
Have a good Friday night,

Kaytee:-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2004, 12:46 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User
Re: Hi all...........Kaytee here

Kaytee, I replied to you on another post a short time ago, but rereading this one here with the symptoms you're having, it just occured to me, have you checked out the side affects of zoloft? Just to be safe, why not see if any of this could be a side affect of the zoloft. The reason I say that is that they are the same symptoms I had when taking Lexapro not when I was withdrawing from it.
Hope they are not & that you can continue with the zoloft. Have a good weekend. Stay warm, don't know where you are, but it's -7 here in the midwest!!!

Closed Thread