It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2004, 08:52 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 82
dizzykim00 HB User
Unhappy Had another one today

Well, thought I was doing good, hadn't had an "attack" since last Wed. I had to take one of my cats to the vet this morning, made it through that ok. Came home, did some painting in my kitchen, cleaned up, went in to watch some TV. BOOM! It came from out of nowhere.....the not being able to breathe, first the flushed, hot feeling, then the shivering and shaking. This one didn't last as long, but seemd more intense than any of the others. And of course the first thing I did was pick up the phone, and start pacing.

Does anyone else feel real shakey and like nervous afterwards? For me, that part lasts the longest, could be up to an hour after the bad part passes. And also, I am going to my GI doc tomorrow (follow-up for the GERD), should I mention to him what has been going on? I hate feeling this way, but what I hate even worse is the way they can sneak up on you It's now almost midnight, and the fear is back about falling asleep. It's a never ending vicious cycle that's hard to break.

Kim

 
Old 02-23-2004, 11:18 PM   #2
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: CYPRUS
Posts: 290
Madj HB User
Re: Had another one today

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzykim00
Well, thought I was doing good, hadn't had an "attack" since last Wed. I had to take one of my cats to the vet this morning, made it through that ok. Came home, did some painting in my kitchen, cleaned up, went in to watch some TV. BOOM! It came from out of nowhere.....the not being able to breathe, first the flushed, hot feeling, then the shivering and shaking. This one didn't last as long, but seemd more intense than any of the others. And of course the first thing I did was pick up the phone, and start pacing.

Does anyone else feel real shakey and like nervous afterwards? For me, that part lasts the longest, could be up to an hour after the bad part passes. And also, I am going to my GI doc tomorrow (follow-up for the GERD), should I mention to him what has been going on? I hate feeling this way, but what I hate even worse is the way they can sneak up on you It's now almost midnight, and the fear is back about falling asleep. It's a never ending vicious cycle that's hard to break.

Kim
I really hope that you fell better today. We all know what you are going through, we more or less go through the same things.

I fell shaky and nervous too afterwards. It takes me a long time until I feel safe again.

Take care.

Madj

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 02-23-2004, 11:35 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 124
mandi-deg HB User
Re: Had another one today

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzykim00
Well, thought I was doing good, hadn't had an "attack" since last Wed. I had to take one of my cats to the vet this morning, made it through that ok. Came home, did some painting in my kitchen, cleaned up, went in to watch some TV. BOOM! It came from out of nowhere.....the not being able to breathe, first the flushed, hot feeling, then the shivering and shaking. This one didn't last as long, but seemd more intense than any of the others. And of course the first thing I did was pick up the phone, and start pacing.

Does anyone else feel real shakey and like nervous afterwards? For me, that part lasts the longest, could be up to an hour after the bad part passes. And also, I am going to my GI doc tomorrow (follow-up for the GERD), should I mention to him what has been going on? I hate feeling this way, but what I hate even worse is the way they can sneak up on you It's now almost midnight, and the fear is back about falling asleep. It's a never ending vicious cycle that's hard to break.

Kim
I know how you feel. I am hoping you got some sleep and read this in the morning. Was the paint scent strong. I had a time I thought I was dying because I must have inhaled the fumes and I went into a really odd state. Panic attacks can come anytime. that is one thing I learned about them. They can get set off for no reason. I always like to talk to my doc about what is happening. I really thought I was sick and she checked me out and did a physical and told me it was anxiety and panic. I didnt even know I had something to be anxious over. So it goes to show your mind works in mysterious ways. well I hope you feel better, and talk to your GI. maybe you can figure something out.

 
Old 02-24-2004, 01:44 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,291
hanelo4 HB User
Re: Had another one today

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzykim00
Well, thought I was doing good, hadn't had an "attack" since last Wed. I had to take one of my cats to the vet this morning, made it through that ok. Came home, did some painting in my kitchen, cleaned up, went in to watch some TV. BOOM! It came from out of nowhere.....the not being able to breathe, first the flushed, hot feeling, then the shivering and shaking. This one didn't last as long, but seemd more intense than any of the others. And of course the first thing I did was pick up the phone, and start pacing.

Does anyone else feel real shakey and like nervous afterwards? For me, that part lasts the longest, could be up to an hour after the bad part passes. And also, I am going to my GI doc tomorrow (follow-up for the GERD), should I mention to him what has been going on? I hate feeling this way, but what I hate even worse is the way they can sneak up on you It's now almost midnight, and the fear is back about falling asleep. It's a never ending vicious cycle that's hard to break.

Kim

Hi Kim,

I hope you are doing better hun. Yes, I go through the nervousness too. I went back to church on sunday. I haven't gone in a while and the more and more I thought of it, the more nervous I got. I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. I'm kind of feeling that way now as I write. I also feel this way after a panic attack too. I feel like my brain just cannot get right. Sometimes I see weird things. Like my eyes can't adjust right. The walls move funny sometimes too. It's hard to explain. This lasts for sometimes over an hour for me or until my Klonopin kicks in, which helps out alot. It stables me out.

Anyway, let us know what your doctor says.

Chantel

 
Old 02-24-2004, 04:13 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 82
dizzykim00 HB User
Re: Had another one today

Well, not too much to report on the dr. visit. He basically told me I need to see a family physician who knows more about these things So, I guess I'll be calling and setting up an appt. tomorrow. And tomorrow I get to have a cat scan of my belly...YAY! more stress! I know its a simple thing, but I get sooooo worked up over this stuff.

I did finally get to sleep last night. (once the shakiness and crap ended) And, I made a big step last night, I finally told my family what has been going on. I had called my sister (who still lives at home) and had her come get me so I wouldn't be here alone. They were all like "we had no idea, why didn't you say anything??" Well, its not something you like to brag about. lol Am I right??

Well, that was the extent of my day. Just thought I'd let you all know what happened at the dr. Hope you all are having a good evening...

Kim

 
Old 02-24-2004, 04:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: melbourne, vic, aust
Posts: 7,380
hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Had another one today

GERD is common for anxiety and panic attack sufferers, a med called carfate seems to help, also avoid eating beore bed and avoid midnight refrigerator raids

 
Old 02-24-2004, 05:03 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 82
dizzykim00 HB User
Re: Had another one today

Quote:
Originally Posted by hry33
GERD is common for anxiety and panic attack sufferers, a med called carfate seems to help, also avoid eating beore bed and avoid midnight refrigerator raids

Yep, been on Nexium for a year now. I try not to eat after 9 pm and if I do, I pay for it I just had an endoscopy done a month ago, don't want to go through that again anytime soon. Those midnight raids are the toughest to break, but I finally had to.

 
Old 02-24-2004, 10:31 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pekin, IL, USA
Posts: 129
purrsia HB User
Re: Had another one today

If you can learn what the onset of a panic attack feels like and catch it early enough, its very possible to breath your way through it. I have been able to do this for a long time. Although I don't experience a full blown attack, I still always feel horribly shakey afterwards and it takes awhile for me to feel safe again.

 
Old 02-25-2004, 02:50 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,291
hanelo4 HB User
Re: Had another one today

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzykim00
Well, not too much to report on the dr. visit. He basically told me I need to see a family physician who knows more about these things So, I guess I'll be calling and setting up an appt. tomorrow. And tomorrow I get to have a cat scan of my belly...YAY! more stress! I know its a simple thing, but I get sooooo worked up over this stuff.

I did finally get to sleep last night. (once the shakiness and crap ended) And, I made a big step last night, I finally told my family what has been going on. I had called my sister (who still lives at home) and had her come get me so I wouldn't be here alone. They were all like "we had no idea, why didn't you say anything??" Well, its not something you like to brag about. lol Am I right??

Well, that was the extent of my day. Just thought I'd let you all know what happened at the dr. Hope you all are having a good evening...

Kim
Well Gosh, I wish he could of helped you more. Well, at least you will be seeing a doctor soon. I wanted to say that I also had the cat scan done on my stomach. It is really nothing, but of course I got myself all worked up. I was shaking so bad it was almost funny. What I was scared of, I have no clue. I guess it was because I had never done a cat scan before. It is nothing to be worried about though. I did two already. One on the head and one on the stomach, so don't be afraid hun. That test will be able to tell them a whole lot about what is going on. Good luck and remember to just relax and breath. It will be okay

Chantel

 
Old 02-25-2004, 04:54 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 82
dizzykim00 HB User
Re: Had another one today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantel2003
Well Gosh, I wish he could of helped you more. Well, at least you will be seeing a doctor soon. I wanted to say that I also had the cat scan done on my stomach. It is really nothing, but of course I got myself all worked up. I was shaking so bad it was almost funny. What I was scared of, I have no clue. I guess it was because I had never done a cat scan before. It is nothing to be worried about though. I did two already. One on the head and one on the stomach, so don't be afraid hun. That test will be able to tell them a whole lot about what is going on. Good luck and remember to just relax and breath. It will be okay

Chantel
Gee whiz, I guess we all pretty much go through the same stuff. I mean, I know this test is nothing, yet I'm nervous, and I still have 4 hours to go! Did you have to drink that white barium stuff before you had yours? I don't know why I let myself get so worked up...heck, I even get nervous just going to a doctor! It's not like I haven't been through tests before....sheesh! Thanks for the encouragement Chantel, I need it!

Kim

 
Old 02-25-2004, 01:28 PM   #11
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3
mare4 HB User
Wink Re: Had another one today

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzykim00
Well, thought I was doing good, hadn't had an "attack" since last Wed. I had to take one of my cats to the vet this morning, made it through that ok. Came home, did some painting in my kitchen, cleaned up, went in to watch some TV. BOOM! It came from out of nowhere.....the not being able to breathe, first the flushed, hot feeling, then the shivering and shaking. This one didn't last as long, but seemd more intense than any of the others. And of course the first thing I did was pick up the phone, and start pacing.

Does anyone else feel real shakey and like nervous afterwards? For me, that part lasts the longest, could be up to an hour after the bad part passes. And also, I am going to my GI doc tomorrow (follow-up for the GERD), should I mention to him what has been going on? I hate feeling this way, but what I hate even worse is the way they can sneak up on you It's now almost midnight, and the fear is back about falling asleep. It's a never ending vicious cycle that's hard to break.

Kim

Dear Kim,

You definately need to tell your doctor what is going on. I too was having all the symptoms you describe and went on Wellbutrin SR 2 years ago. It has helped me tremendously. Good luck.

 
Old 02-26-2004, 12:56 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,291
hanelo4 HB User
Re: Had another one today

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzykim00
Gee whiz, I guess we all pretty much go through the same stuff. I mean, I know this test is nothing, yet I'm nervous, and I still have 4 hours to go! Did you have to drink that white barium stuff before you had yours? I don't know why I let myself get so worked up...heck, I even get nervous just going to a doctor! It's not like I haven't been through tests before....sheesh! Thanks for the encouragement Chantel, I need it!

Kim
Yep, I had to drink that nasty stuff in a certain amount of time. I was so full that I couldn't drink it all but thank God, to them, I had drank enough. I have gone through many tests before too and I shouldn't have been scared, but something about this panic I just couldn't control. I hope you made it through with the least bit of nervousness and I hope all went fine. Let me know

Chantel

 
Old 02-26-2004, 05:39 AM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 82
dizzykim00 HB User
Re: Had another one today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantel2003
Yep, I had to drink that nasty stuff in a certain amount of time. I was so full that I couldn't drink it all but thank God, to them, I had drank enough. I have gone through many tests before too and I shouldn't have been scared, but something about this panic I just couldn't control. I hope you made it through with the least bit of nervousness and I hope all went fine. Let me know

Chantel

Hi Chantel

Well, I made it through! I couldn't drink all mine either (4 bottles worth), about halfway through the 3rd one my belly felt so full and yucky. I hope I NEVER have to drink that again! The test itself wasn't bad, till he told me to hold my breath. I just closed my eyes and thought good thoughts till it was over. Did you also get the shot of dye? That was freaky!

I have a question.....do you ever wake up in the mornings feeling really nervous? For no apparent reason? Thats how I am this morning, feel real shakey and jittery. Maybe its the after effects from yesterday, who knows I'm not nervous about going anywhere, I have no plans except to stay home all day. Oh well.....

Hope you are doing well
Kim

 
Old 03-01-2004, 01:33 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,291
hanelo4 HB User
Re: Had another one today

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzykim00
Hi Chantel

Well, I made it through! I couldn't drink all mine either (4 bottles worth), about halfway through the 3rd one my belly felt so full and yucky. I hope I NEVER have to drink that again! The test itself wasn't bad, till he told me to hold my breath. I just closed my eyes and thought good thoughts till it was over. Did you also get the shot of dye? That was freaky!

I have a question.....do you ever wake up in the mornings feeling really nervous? For no apparent reason? Thats how I am this morning, feel real shakey and jittery. Maybe its the after effects from yesterday, who knows I'm not nervous about going anywhere, I have no plans except to stay home all day. Oh well.....

Hope you are doing well
Kim

Hi Kim

I am so glad you made it through!! Sorry to write so late, but I have been working again. And yes, I had to do the dye too. I did it twice. It was kind of scary, but it didn't hurt one bit. The dye helps them see things better. I also had to hold my breath. I had forgot about that. On the machine they were using..............there was this smiley face that would kind of talk when I had to hold my breath, so I would just look at it and concentrate on holding my breath. I know one time I thought I wouldn't make it, lol. I felt like I was on one of those movies where people are under water and they suddenly come up for this BIG breath, LOL. That was me, hehe. And yes, I do wake up feeling nervous and jittery sometimes. Your mind and the dreams you have can be the cause of that. As soon as your medication starts to work fully, you will notice that you will wake up more relaxed. I hope you are doing well today

Chantel

 
Old 03-02-2004, 07:33 AM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 82
dizzykim00 HB User
Re: Had another one today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantel2003
Hi Kim

I am so glad you made it through!! Sorry to write so late, but I have been working again. And yes, I had to do the dye too. I did it twice. It was kind of scary, but it didn't hurt one bit. The dye helps them see things better. I also had to hold my breath. I had forgot about that. On the machine they were using..............there was this smiley face that would kind of talk when I had to hold my breath, so I would just look at it and concentrate on holding my breath. I know one time I thought I wouldn't make it, lol. I felt like I was on one of those movies where people are under water and they suddenly come up for this BIG breath, LOL. That was me, hehe. And yes, I do wake up feeling nervous and jittery sometimes. Your mind and the dreams you have can be the cause of that. As soon as your medication starts to work fully, you will notice that you will wake up more relaxed. I hope you are doing well today

Chantel

Hi again Chantel

Your right, the dye didn't hurt at all, it was just a freaky feeling. I had a really nice older gentleman who did mine and he explained everything as he was doing it. That always helps to keep you from going crazy They didn't have stickers to look at so I would focus on a spot on the ceiling.

As for meds, I am not on any yet. I haven't been able to get up the nerve to call and make an appt. Pretty sad, huh? I know that I need to, have been trying to do it for a week now. I get so disgusted with myself sometimes

Hope you are doing well. I have housework that needs done today....yipee

Kim

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
HORRIBLE visit to PM today hdladyred Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) 5 07-31-2009 09:47 AM
A major mile stone for me today. Edited to add long post ! TomsWife Addiction & Recovery 5 05-14-2008 05:07 AM
Today lauralb12680 Bipolar Disorder 0 06-01-2007 05:15 PM
can i make it? today was bad-help!!!! where's eyes? deedeehurtn Bipolar Disorder 42 03-29-2007 11:27 AM
Today I'm Grateful gratefultee Addiction & Recovery 10 09-19-2006 06:52 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



mjewell (11), Andrea78 (7), Stormlover712 (3), sjb (2), crzybeautifulme (2), Anxiousgrl35 (2), panicremission (2), dwellhay1 (2), Nicksmom06 (2), Graciecat (2)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1162), MSJayhawk (991), Apollo123 (890), Titchou (826), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (757), ladybud (742), sammy64 (666), midwest1 (665), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!