It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2004, 01:21 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User
All these meds & here I am in a PA!

I have about had it!!!!! Been trying to get new meds since Oct. & just when I think they are working BAM, here I am in a huge panic attack again! Tried to go to bed at 10:30 tonite as we have 2 of the gkids staying overnite & they want to go out to breakfast in the morning. Well, I DO know it's against my nature to go to bed that early, but I figured my meds would help me to go to sleep. NOT NOT NOT. I fell asleep & woke up less than an hour later with my heart racing & my shoulders & neck stiffening up & hurt so bad. I finally got up & here I am.
I just don't know how many more meds I can try or be on. The ones I'm on now make me nauseous, dry mouth, dry nose, sneezing all the time, tongue feels like it's always burnt & I cannot taste anything. What a life!!!!
Whoopeedeedoo!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-29-2004, 12:38 PM   #2
Veteran

KayT HB User
Re: All these meds & here I am in a PA!

Hi Lori,

As I said in my other post to you, I can relate so much to all that you are going through...........except mine is the opposite.......I have experienced low feelings and I have never had issues with depression until the meds changes I have made in the last few months..........my new pdoc..........he is great at explaining things.........says it is my brain trying to adjust...........so that may be what's up with you........he says it can take a while for things to really level out, even once you find that right course of treatment.............I think you had found the right meds..........just haven't had enough time to leve out yet........I bet once you do the PAs ease up.........my mood swings have eased that last two days............it seems as if my brain if finally accepting the drop to 25mg of Zoloft and maybe leveling out a bit.

Hang in there.

BTW My Pdoc really likes Luvox, he says it's a great medication for anxiety/OCD as well.

Kaytee:-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2004, 01:43 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori j
I have about had it!!!!! Been trying to get new meds since Oct. & just when I think they are working BAM, here I am in a huge panic attack again! Tried to go to bed at 10:30 tonite as we have 2 of the gkids staying overnite & they want to go out to breakfast in the morning. Well, I DO know it's against my nature to go to bed that early, but I figured my meds would help me to go to sleep. NOT NOT NOT. I fell asleep & woke up less than an hour later with my heart racing & my shoulders & neck stiffening up & hurt so bad. I finally got up & here I am.
I just don't know how many more meds I can try or be on. The ones I'm on now make me nauseous, dry mouth, dry nose, sneezing all the time, tongue feels like it's always burnt & I cannot taste anything. What a life!!!!
Whoopeedeedoo!

Dear Lori,

I'm sorry I am just seeing this now. You have helped me a lot and I want to be there for you too. I just want to say that I too had panic attacks while I was on medication. They were never as bad as my first one, but I would still get them. They were in my sleep too. I would wake up just like you. My eyes for some reason are always playing tricks on me, so I would wake up and see these weird things and that would freak me out even more. Sometimes I see very bright colors and sometimes it seems like there are dots all over the walls. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone hun. I still have the nausea too and now the dry mouth with this new med, lol. We are all just broken up aren't we? We are just special people with special problems that's all

Big hugs to you hun.......I hope you are feeling better,
Chantel

P.S. Have you heard from Sickman?

Old 03-02-2004, 02:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

Hi Lori, what meds and what doses

Old 03-02-2004, 04:21 PM   #5
(female)

LynneJW HB User

Hi Lori,
I hope you are feeling better soon, and just so you know, I'm in the same boat. I can't seem to find the right thing to help my increasing panic attacks. All the meds I've tried seem to be giving me odd side effects, so I'm never sure if it's the drug or anxiety or what. I'm intensly frustrated at the moment. Yesterday I took the most ativan I've ever taken, cuz the panic just wouldn't go away and I had to take my daughter for her 18 month check up. Well, I felt as though I was going to DIE ! I was so groggy I could hardly move. All my muscles ached and I felt so nauseous. And it always seems as though my 2 toddlers go a little more nuts on the days that I can least cope.
I just picked up yet another prescription, this time for Klonopin/clonazepam. I have very little hope that this will help. I really don't want to try another SSRI if I can avoid it, but I feel like I'm running out of choices. I feel so bad for my kids, since I can't do all the usual things (even taking them out to play in the yard causes me panic).
A Hry33 asked, what meds have you tried?
Best wishes, I'll be thinking about you!
Lynne

Old 03-02-2004, 07:56 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

billy7772 HB User

Hi Lori-
I am sorry to hear you are having troubles You already know what advice I would give
I just hope you find something that works for you! Take care.

Billy

Last edited by billy7772; 03-02-2004 at 07:59 PM.

Old 03-03-2004, 12:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantel2003
Dear Lori,

I'm sorry I am just seeing this now. You have helped me a lot and I want to be there for you too. I just want to say that I too had panic attacks while I was on medication. They were never as bad as my first one, but I would still get them. They were in my sleep too. I would wake up just like you. My eyes for some reason are always playing tricks on me, so I would wake up and see these weird things and that would freak me out even more. Sometimes I see very bright colors and sometimes it seems like there are dots all over the walls. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone hun. I still have the nausea too and now the dry mouth with this new med, lol. We are all just broken up aren't we? We are just special people with special problems that's all

Big hugs to you hun.......I hope you are feeling better,
Chantel

P.S. Have you heard from Sickman?
Hi Chantell, I wasn't on the computer til tonite, had horrible nausea the nite before last & then started vomitting. AFter I vomitted I felt better, it's like one of these meds is not letting me digest my food. It seems like it sits at the bottom of my throat & never even gets to my stomach. That is the days that I have the nausea the worst. The days I don't have it, then I don't have that sensation that the food is sitting right there.
I'm sorry to hear you are having nausea & dry mouth now too! I can't figure out which med is causing this nausea & I was hoping it would subside by now, but it isn't. Some days are worse than others, that I can't figure out.
We sure are a mess, but I decided to call the doc tomorrow & see what suggestions he has. This is really getting old, since Oct. it's not March & I'm still not settled with a new med that I can tolerate. I was so lucky that my first & only other AD 7 years ago worked from the get go & I never had bad side effects. I had no idea how hard this new med change would be. I know I've talked to people who have been thru it, but til you go thru it yourself, you have no idea how much it rules your life til you get it right. I can't make any specific plans with anyone as I never know how I will feel that day. I told hubby tonite, this is NO way to live. He came home yesterday to find me still in my nitegown & looking green around the gills!! I was so sick, I slept til 3 p.m. yesterday.

Old 03-03-2004, 12:29 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy7772
Hi Lori-
I am sorry to hear you are having troubles You already know what advice I would give
I just hope you find something that works for you! Take care.

Billy
Hi Billy, I have only been with this pdoc since Dec. I mentioned twice now to him about therapy. He says, we'll see! Well, I am going to tell him that if therapy can help & get me off some of these meds, then he better start "seeing about it" soon!

Old 03-03-2004, 12:23 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynneJW
Hi Lori,
I hope you are feeling better soon, and just so you know, I'm in the same boat. I can't seem to find the right thing to help my increasing panic attacks. All the meds I've tried seem to be giving me odd side effects, so I'm never sure if it's the drug or anxiety or what. I'm intensly frustrated at the moment. Yesterday I took the most ativan I've ever taken, cuz the panic just wouldn't go away and I had to take my daughter for her 18 month check up. Well, I felt as though I was going to DIE ! I was so groggy I could hardly move. All my muscles ached and I felt so nauseous. And it always seems as though my 2 toddlers go a little more nuts on the days that I can least cope.
I just picked up yet another prescription, this time for Klonopin/clonazepam. I have very little hope that this will help. I really don't want to try another SSRI if I can avoid it, but I feel like I'm running out of choices. I feel so bad for my kids, since I can't do all the usual things (even taking them out to play in the yard causes me panic).
Lynne

Hi Lynne,

I just wanted to let you know that I took Klonopin and it worked great for me. A few of us here take it. I think Lori does too. It has a longer lasting life and is less addictive. It works 12-24 hours so that you don't have to take it as often. That is probably why your doctor prescribed it. I wish you luck with it. It was a life saver for me.

Chantel

Old 03-03-2004, 12:29 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori j
Hi Chantell, I wasn't on the computer til tonite, had horrible nausea the nite before last & then started vomitting. AFter I vomitted I felt better, it's like one of these meds is not letting me digest my food. It seems like it sits at the bottom of my throat & never even gets to my stomach. That is the days that I have the nausea the worst. The days I don't have it, then I don't have that sensation that the food is sitting right there.
I'm sorry to hear you are having nausea & dry mouth now too! I can't figure out which med is causing this nausea & I was hoping it would subside by now, but it isn't. Some days are worse than others, that I can't figure out.
We sure are a mess, but I decided to call the doc tomorrow & see what suggestions he has. This is really getting old, since Oct. it's not March & I'm still not settled with a new med that I can tolerate. I was so lucky that my first & only other AD 7 years ago worked from the get go & I never had bad side effects. I had no idea how hard this new med change would be. I know I've talked to people who have been thru it, but til you go thru it yourself, you have no idea how much it rules your life til you get it right. I can't make any specific plans with anyone as I never know how I will feel that day. I told hubby tonite, this is NO way to live. He came home yesterday to find me still in my nitegown & looking green around the gills!! I was so sick, I slept til 3 p.m. yesterday.

Hugs Lori,

You sound so much like me. I did do a med change to effexor....I'm sure you remember, but it started making my eyes hurt real bad. You know how your eyes hurt when you look directly into the sun? Well, that was me for two whole days, so I asked my doctor to put me back on Lexapro. I had been feeling better on the Lexapro since I stopped the Klonopin. I should of just stayed on the Lexapro, but I felt like the Effexor would help me with energy and maybe lose some weight. I am just not going to think about weight right now. I just want to feel better.

I also know what you mean about sleeping all day. That was me just weeks ago. I now feel a whole lot better and I've actually been getting up early. The med change did not effect me too much like I thought it would. I guess all that praying I did must of helped. I will say a few prayers for you hun. I enjoy talking to you, so keep posting about your progress.

Chantel

Old 03-03-2004, 01:30 PM   #11
(female)

Ladybandit08 HB User

Hi lori,
I hope you are feeling better! Let us know how you are doing!
Take care !

Old 03-03-2004, 09:44 PM   #12

atmont1977 HB User

My new post is actually almost identical to yours. I definately feel the same way you feel lori j. I guess i have to keep trying to figure this stuff out. For me it seems as if though the meds take the edge off and sometimes i feel very elated but these times are few and far between. Never give up, soon enough you'll find the right medication or combination of, i know it.

Old 03-04-2004, 01:28 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynneJW
Hi Lori,
Lynne
Hi Lynne, I am fairly new to Klonopin, been on it since DEC. Back in Oct. I went to my family doc, the amitrip (elavil) that I had been on for almost 7 years had quit working, I was obsessively worrying & having panic attacks so I knew I was getting immune to it.
I have been since then trying to find the right combo of meds to work again. Had no idea what hell it would be. It's been months of bad side effects from (Lexapro & effexor xr) and then I decided that my family doc had no clue, but to keep giving me samples of the "latest hip" drug. I got in with a psychiatrist & he started me on a med from the same family as the old one & it works but i have dry mouth, nasal passages & nausea a lot. I was also started on Klonopin as I would have panic attacks every nite at bedtime. Then about a month & a half ago he added Luvox for my obsessive worrying. The problem is they are all working great, except for this nausea. When I feel nauseous, then I start with the panic attack. I hate to start on more new ones as these seem to be working, but I also don't know how long I can take being nauseous all the time. I called his office today & they said they would have him call back, but he never did. I have had soda crackers & pepsi to eat today, that is all I can tolerate. Yum, yum!

Old 03-04-2004, 01:35 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantel2003
Hugs Lori,

You sound so much like me. I did do a med change to effexor....I'm sure you remember, but it started making my eyes hurt real bad. You know how your eyes hurt when you look directly into the sun? Well, that was me for two whole days, so I asked my doctor to put me back on Lexapro. I had been feeling better on the Lexapro since I stopped the Klonopin. I should of just stayed on the Lexapro, but I felt like the Effexor would help me with energy and maybe lose some weight. I am just not going to think about weight right now. I just want to feel better.

I also know what you mean about sleeping all day. That was me just weeks ago. I now feel a whole lot better and I've actually been getting up early. The med change did not effect me too much like I thought it would. I guess all that praying I did must of helped. I will say a few prayers for you hun. I enjoy talking to you, so keep posting about your progress.

Chantel
Chantel, I had the same horrible eye pain when my doc tried me on the effexor. Actually, I thought my eyes were going to pop right out of my skull. It sure felt like it.

I tried to call the doctor today, they said he'd call me back about the nausea but never did. So, today so far, I've eaten crackers & pepsi.
I know that all the meds (vivactil - generic "protrityline") (Klonopin) and (Luvox) are helping me, but this nausea is causing me to have more panic attacks & I hate to think that the doc might want me to start eliminating them one at a time to figure out which one is causing the nausea. This has taken since Oct. just to get this far on new meds.
I have a feeling it may not be the Klonopin,but the Luvox which is what he added last. I hate that, cause the Luvox is really helping me to not obsessively worry & that also helps with the Panic when I don't worry all the time. This sure isn't easy. Are you still taking Klonopin with your Lexapro?
Thanks for talking to me about this, it helps to have others who understand. Lori

Old 03-04-2004, 01:37 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmont1977
My new post is actually almost identical to yours. I definately feel the same way you feel lori j. I guess i have to keep trying to figure this stuff out. For me it seems as if though the meds take the edge off and sometimes i feel very elated but these times are few and far between. Never give up, soon enough you'll find the right medication or combination of, i know it.

Oh, I'm not giving up, but it's hard to be nauseous every day. I just hope I don't have to start on another med change. I think the meds I'm on now are all working, but think the side effects of nausea & dry mouth etc. are causing me panic. It's always something!!!!

Closed Thread