It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2004, 12:30 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

dragonballwizard HB User
please tell me what this means

I have had panic/anxiety attacks for awhile however I felt something yesterday that was very new to me...
I was walking on the side walk and did not notice this guy come up on the side of me right away. as he passed me I could not breath. this is the weird part ...I felt the need to get out of my own skin...how the heck do I explain this one..it sounds so stupid I know..I don't even think I wanted to be in my own body to be honest....I didn't have the chest pain or the fast beating heart this time.....what the heck is this??
thanks for your advice in advance
DBW

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2004, 04:24 PM   #2

panickyscott HB User
Re: please tell me what this means

sometimes i feel like I am coming out of my body which usually leads to some panic symptoms like fast heart rate. I think they call this depersonalization. i got through this and hate it very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2004, 07:52 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dragonballwizard HB User

I don't think i came out of my body...just had to get out of my skin....I guess another way to put it was..I was uncomfortable in my own skin. It was different then the needing to run away...it was so weird..btw panicyscott...thanks for your time and reply

DBW

Old 03-10-2004, 09:43 PM   #4
Veteran

KayT HB User

I do this, it sounds like you were startled...........my son yelled out abruptly in the car the other day and I just about jumped out of my pants (heehee). But I felt that same way, like crawling out of my skin. I get that feeling at the gym sometimes as well, it's strange, but I understand what you are describing............anxiety......the joy of it.........

Kaytee:-)

Old 03-11-2004, 06:54 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

dragonballwizard HB User

kayT,
you know, if it wasn't for your and panicyscott's reply I would have believed that I had totally lost it this time. Just when I think, ok it is getting better then it hits me...my whole body was tingling not just my fingers like I get with the adrenalin rush.
thanks for your time and your reply
best wishes
DBW

Old 03-11-2004, 07:55 PM   #6
Veteran

KayT HB User

Glad to be of help.........You have helped me out a time or two and I appreciate it as well..........

Tonight I felt as if I was going to faint........my lips felt weird........back felt a bit tingly.......I think I had a bit of break through anxiety hitting me...........all of these med changes and reductions have really mixed up my body..........but I can say I am getting better............

BTW, the other day my index finger on my right hand was tingling.............like a ring was on it........it was very strange........but anymore I have learned to write things off to anxiety unless they get worse and persist..............

As for the losing it part, I have thought that many times, that I was going to lose it...........haven't yet...........I think most of us here have felt that way........and here we are.........still here helping each other........

Hope you're feeling better today,

Old 03-13-2004, 06:07 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

dragonballwizard HB User

KayT,

How are you feeling today? I have read some of your posts about you weening of some meds...how is that going?
As always KayT best wishes to you
DBW

Old 03-14-2004, 08:33 AM   #8
Veteran

KayT HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonballwizard
KayT,

How are you feeling today? I have read some of your posts about you weening of some meds...how is that going?
As always KayT best wishes to you
DBW

I'm doing better then I was but not as good as I'd like to be doing.........if that makes any sense :-) I am just happy right now that I am improving slowly and getting back to myself.............

I am down to 25mg of Zoloft and 2mg of Xanax XR per day.........the Ambien is gone now........been off it for a little over a week...........so far I have dropped from 100mg of Zoloft to 25mg...........4mg of Xanax to 2mg Xanax XR and 10mg of Ambien to none...........so progress is there........I have had glimmers of feeling myself again........which certainly gives me hope that things are finally beginning to level out..........of course each time I level the Pdoc (with good intentions of course) drops something or reduces something.........because he is trying to get me to the feeling like myself point as well........it just takes time............

I did notice after dropping the Ambien I felt a hangover kind of feeling and a bit groggy/spacy.........but hopefully that is just an SE of going off it and will go away soon...........it seems a bit better today.........

Better get going, have lots to get done today,
The sun is shining outside and the kids are already up and playing.

Hope you are also feeling better and have a great Sunday!

PS anyone know where Sickman is???

Old 03-14-2004, 07:16 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

dragonballwizard HB User

KayT,
Glad to hear your progress is comming a long. I can't say I have seen sickman in some time....I do hope all is well with him. He has been such a big help to us all. I know he has to me....I know if it wasn't for him I would not have made it through some of the things that were happening to me at the time. I will never be able to thank him enough for that.
best wishes
DBW

Closed Thread