It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 11:17 PM   #1
Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User
hot and cold...weird skin sensations

I have read a couple posts about people feeling weird sensations like being on fire or having acid poured over them. I have been going through this for several months now and have thought for sure I had some kind of chemical or hormone thing out of whack.

I feel very weird skin sensations, I can be hot and cold at the same time, I feel like I am on fire on the inside yet my skin is freezing on the outside.

I think I know what MAY have caused this(for me).
DH bought some hand lotion a few months ago and I rubbed some on my legs one night and all of a sudden my legs began to feel really cold and tingly. I began panicking thinking I was having some kind of a stroke or something. I eventually settle down and looked at the lotion bottle- IT HAD MENTHOL IN IT!!!
The moral of the story is...never let DH pick out hand lotion!!!

Anyway,
This is the feeling I have been having all over my entire body lately. Ugh, I hate this feeling. Anyone else get this? I often feel like I am going to passout when I feel this way, or at the very least a bit lightheaded.

Last edited by abbygirl2; 04-26-2004 at 11:20 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to abbygirl2 For This Useful Post:
Amberf86 (08-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2004, 10:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: hot and cold...weird skin sensations

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbygirl2
I have read a couple posts about people feeling weird sensations like being on fire or having acid poured over them. I have been going through this for several months now and have thought for sure I had some kind of chemical or hormone thing out of whack.

I feel very weird skin sensations, I can be hot and cold at the same time, I feel like I am on fire on the inside yet my skin is freezing on the outside.

I think I know what MAY have caused this(for me).
DH bought some hand lotion a few months ago and I rubbed some on my legs one night and all of a sudden my legs began to feel really cold and tingly. I began panicking thinking I was having some kind of a stroke or something. I eventually settle down and looked at the lotion bottle- IT HAD MENTHOL IN IT!!!
The moral of the story is...never let DH pick out hand lotion!!!

Anyway,
This is the feeling I have been having all over my entire body lately. Ugh, I hate this feeling. Anyone else get this? I often feel like I am going to passout when I feel this way, or at the very least a bit lightheaded.
I had the hot and cold flashes for about 3 weeks. Anxiety/Panic knocks your hormones out of wack and hormone knock your anxiety out of wack. I suffer from Post traumatic stress syndrome and just recently lost my brother that sent me freaking into anxiety attacks. Just remember, you can't die from it. And tell yourself, when it is your time to die, it's your time to die and accept this. Also, accept that your are having a panic attack and see what your body is telling you. Is it from fear (of course), is it from stress (of course) and so on. Make a diary for yourself, labeling it from 10-1, ten being the highest panic attack. Write down how you feel and why you feel this way. I see a therapist who hasn't suggested this, but I found it online and it helps, really it does. Face your fears, if you run from them, it will only come back to face you. When you begin to face your fears and know you are not going to die from facing them, you find ways to deal with the fear. I think everyone in life has had one or more panic attacks. Even children get them, even animals.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2004, 12:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

I have had the hot and cold problem, with sweating and shivering and I am a man!

probably from anxiety, although extreme shivering chills, which I have had, are listed as sign of depression

Old 04-27-2004, 01:39 PM   #4

Tanki HB User

Oh yes, creams that burn the skin, I have senstive skin and can't always put on certain lotions especially on my legs.. Gotta watch out for that.. hehe

also if it's not skin irritation but just feeling clamy or too cold, likely just nerves, anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress etc.

Old 04-27-2004, 08:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User

Get it to,
the skin on my back will feel cool and my spine will feel hot or sometimes my spine feels like an icecickle and skin feels hot. Normally happens to me in the morning and is followed by a bodybuzz or heavyness in back and shoulders. Can you all relate to this?

Derek

Old 04-28-2004, 12:54 AM   #6
Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User

bothrops, I can very much relate to you, I have a lot of the hot/cold sensations in my back, I hate how it feels. I also get like a slight humming feeling throughout my body, possibly similar to your bodybuzz. You said you get a heaviness in your back and shoulders, I don't know if its the same as me but I describe mine as a weakness, my shoulders and upper back just feel weak... Are all these feelings (for you) related to anxiety/panic. I get these feelings off and on throughout the day.

Old 04-28-2004, 05:30 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbygirl2
bothrops, I can very much relate to you, I have a lot of the hot/cold sensations in my back, I hate how it feels. I also get like a slight humming feeling throughout my body, possibly similar to your bodybuzz. You said you get a heaviness in your back and shoulders, I don't know if its the same as me but I describe mine as a weakness, my shoulders and upper back just feel weak... Are all these feelings (for you) related to anxiety/panic. I get these feelings off and on throughout the day.
Yes abby that sounds like me. Bad thing is for me these symptoms are tiny compared to my 24/7 dizzy spaced feeling. I saw a neurologist yesterday who said he THOUGHT I had an inner ear problem that is sticking around due to my anxiety. I have been dizzy for 10 months! Do you get dizzy and spaced? You are the first person on healthboards to get the same sensations as me, as bad as this sounds, I am happy to know I am not alone.

Derek

Old 04-28-2004, 05:54 PM   #8
Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User

I sometiems get the spacy feeling, also a feeling like things aren't real(derealization). I have had a couple dizzy spells, but I can't complain as they haven't been too bad. I am unbalanced all the time, walking into things, stumbling. It is crazy to belive that all these things could be caused by stress/panic. I have suspevted inner ear problems as well..take care
Abby

Closed Thread