It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2004, 04:21 PM   #1

bingling HB User
Vivid dreams

Hi everyone
Has anyone else experienced vivid dreams on their meds?
I have been on meds before..but this time I seem to be having dreams every night.Weird dreams too..kinda nightmarish..I'm always yelling at someone..mad at someone..Having affairs!!..or some are like horror movies!
I've never had this before..I've been on this med before...but this is just plain weird!!

Old 06-02-2004, 05:43 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
Re: Vivid dreams

I sometimes to have vivid dreams. Also I put a post under depression for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2004, 05:52 PM   #3

Pink00 HB User

Do you take your medication at night? I know that one of side effects for Effexor XR, which I am taking, is nightmares. I wouldn't worry about it, I think it's just something that happens

Old 06-02-2004, 07:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to wenchling, what are your meds?

vivid dreams that seem to last all night and sometimes wake you are common from most antidepressant meds, they are sometimes described as nightmares because they are so strong but they do no harm so lie back and enjoy them

Old 06-02-2004, 10:22 PM   #5
(female)

Brooke22 HB User

When I first started taking Effexor XR I would have nightmares about an hour after I fell asleep and I would wake up with panic attacks. Now I just have very vivid dreams, multiple a night.

Old 06-02-2004, 10:38 PM   #6
(female)

jete23 HB User

I have heard a lot of people say they have nightmares on Paxil. I have a friend who is on Zoloft, and he says that he has very vivid, almost real dreams.

Old 06-03-2004, 02:12 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

junglemonkey HB User

I once had sleep paralysis when I was on meds, though I'm not sure it was related to them. It only happened once, thankfully. I woke up from a nightmare with burning pains all over my body and I couldn't move. When I did wake, it was like my body was forcing me to scream but it wasn't happening. I was trying to, but I didn't feel like I was consciously doing it. Then came the chills and sweating and flushing.

It went away when I realised I was no longer in the nightmare. Very scary experience.

Old 06-03-2004, 03:11 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

when i was on effexor xr i had really weird dreams and remembered every single dream i had now that i'm off it it does'nt happen anymore

Old 06-03-2004, 10:49 AM   #9

bingling HB User

Thanks for all the replies,
I guess it's pretty normal..I didn't have a dream that I remember last night so thats good.I just find it strange that I am not having any good dreams.
It's not that the bad dreams scare me it's just that they are so strange..it makes me wonder whats going on in that little brain of mine..lol
P.S.hry33 I'm taking Celexa..I had good results last time on it..and it seem to be starting to work well again.
thanks again

Old 06-03-2004, 12:35 PM   #10

PeggyHarmon HB User

I was on effexor and the dr just took me off after 2 mos. I had a horrible dream, 2 nights in a row and about snakes. A friend who interupts dreams told me what it meant. Believe it or not, a few weeks later that dream came true. So medical induced weird dreams have meaning.

Old 06-03-2004, 06:02 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenchling
Hi everyone
Has anyone else experienced vivid dreams on their meds?
I have been on meds before..but this time I seem to be having dreams every night.Weird dreams too..kinda nightmarish..I'm always yelling at someone..mad at someone..Having affairs!!..or some are like horror movies!
I've never had this before..I've been on this med before...but this is just plain weird!!
Hi, saw you on the anxiety/stress board. I had dreams like this back in March and some of April. I thought it was the Xanax, but my therapist said it was something I was holding back on, that's why I was always having these anger dreams, weird dreams and dreamt most of the night. I like to free write at night, before I go to bed, helps to relieve the mind. Try it, it might help. That way, if you do it for a week, then you can see if it is the meds or just your mind. It's harmless, btw. Just means you are not clearing your mind before bed so you're taking it with you to sleep.

Andrea

Old 06-03-2004, 07:00 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

Heck yeah!! When I was on prozac I would have terrible weird distorted dreams, I would wake up in terror!!! I mean bloody scary dreams! I have never had dreams like that in my life! I am not on prozac anymore but as soon as I stopped they went away! I am on lexapro now and I don't have weird dreams. I would sometimes not be able to go back to sleep in fear of another dream! Take care
Carly

Old 06-04-2004, 04:16 AM   #13
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

i agree when i was on effexor my dreams were so messed up i'd wake up and be like what the heck is wrong with me one of them i'll never forget was i was on a whale watch and they were cutting off all the whales fins and i asked my huband why they were doing that and he said don't you know they use them to make krispy kreme donuts lol ( i know i'm a weirdo) kelleigh

Last edited by no patience; 06-04-2004 at 04:18 AM.

Old 06-05-2004, 09:11 PM   #14
(female)

panickyjess HB User

i had to stop taking buspar cuz the dreams i was having were soooo weird and sooo vivid...i couldnt handle it anymore...now im on paxil cr and im still having pretty vivid dreams but not too weird anymore

jess

Closed Thread