It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2004, 01:04 PM   #1
(female)

las7715 HB User
Has anyone tried Lucinda Bassett's program?

Hi all,

I have heard radio ads made by Lucinda Bassett, who has come up with some kind of program to cure anxiety. Has anyone tried this and if so, how much did it cost to buy the tapes or videos or whatever it is?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 01:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User
Re: Has anyone tried Lucinda Bassett's program?

I know of five people that tried it.
Three said it didn't help at all...that it wasn't telling you anything that you didn't know already, one said it helped a little and the other said it helped.
Like I always say, what works for one doesn't work for all, so if you want to give it a try I'd look for it used because from what they said it is very expensive.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2004, 02:53 PM   #3

dizzygirl916 HB User

I have read her books, and I would say that her program is not worth the money. If you want to see what her program is about you should read her book "From Panic to Power", that book is based off of her program and helped me out a lot, it is only $15 instead of her program wich is hundreds of dollars.

But to be honest, I would say that anyones best bet would be to try CBT, it is proven to work the best!! You can sit down and talk out your thoughts with someone and realize what you are doing to yourself. They really teach you how to think differently.

Old 08-21-2004, 04:10 PM   #4
(male)

sgt207 HB User

I tried it about 9 years ago and it did not help!!!

Save your money

Old 08-21-2004, 05:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

I agree. CBT and Dr. Weekes, she is good too and her book is only 6.99 in paperback. She touches bases on your bad nerves, and that really is what panic is about and how to go on and ignore them to break the adrenaline feeds more adrenlaine approach.

Andrea

Old 08-23-2004, 05:05 PM   #6

KindaMessedUp HB User

I bought the program and completed it probably five years ago. I definetly felt that it helped me, but I also feel that it would have helped more if I would have erased everything in the workbook and started over. I just wasn't quite there. Maybe I should have. But I didn't start over, and I kind of fell back into my old ways. What I can say about it, is there is probably nothing in there that you guys don't know. But it's hours a day. And it all does get imbedded. It's hard to explain. You need time in the morning, during the day, and time in the evening.
It's kind of like if you lay in bed at night and read a book on anxiety, and afterwards you feel pretty good, and a little relieved. That's the way this program is. It makes you feel a little relieved throughout the entire days. But for me it did not last.You just have to keep on it. It's a lot of money. I'm planning on starting from the beginning again really soon. My advice is to right down a schedule with times that you can follow, and do it no matter what every day. Hope this helps, and I hope it makes sense

Old 09-07-2004, 12:07 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

billy7772 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaMessedUp
My advice is to right down a schedule with times that you can follow, and do it no matter what every day.
This is great advice for any CBT program

Closed Thread