It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2004, 01:15 PM   #1

Brock Soprano HB User
quick sharp headaches

anyone else get quick, stabbing pains in their temple?

I recently had a brain MRI which was clear and think it may be either sinus or panic related - I know the pain certainly brings on panic - but was wondering if anyone else got them.

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2004, 10:35 PM   #2

panickyscott HB User
Re: quick sharp headaches

I have also been having quick sharp pains in the left side of my brain the last week or so. Ive been having more and more as each day goes. Not sure what to think.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2004, 04:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

it may help to massage the head and neck

Old 09-08-2004, 03:30 PM   #4
(female)

cheer up HB User

Hello all --

First of all, don't take these quick sharp pains too seriously. Have any of you heard of "ice pick headache?" You can Google it on the web. It's sort of a form of migraine and can occur from time to time, anywhere in the head.

They have just about knocked me out now and then because they are sudden and quite painful but they are quick and I can go years between bouts. Usually I get a few pains, then nothing more for weeks, months or years.

During the middle years I got a lot of typical migraines and before that, plain old bad headaches, so I am a "headachy" person.

Again, don't focus too much on this and if your vision is not affected at the time and you otherwise feel good, you are probably absolutely fine.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:25 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

stormy78 HB User

I get this weird pulse of pain all through my temples and sides of the head at times. It worries me but I try not to worry too much. Thx for the info.

Old 09-12-2004, 09:17 AM   #6
(female)

emmerson329 HB User

I get these ALL the time and they totally freak me out and I end up panicknig and the pain worsens and then I get dizzy and the pain spreads, totally making it all worse than the original pain in the first place!!! I think a lot of it is to do with me clenching my jaw, I do it without realising, and in my sleep too. The pains I get are in my temples and are like shooting stabbing pains. I also get a weird pain right at the top of my head which feels like somebody is tightening a vice around my head. Before I found this site I thought that it must be something SERIOUS, now I am thinking it is all down to panic.

Old 09-14-2004, 06:17 PM   #7
(male)

DjTiesto HB User

I use to get these a lot also, but havent had one in quite a long time, now Im getting more panic attacks on my chest. But when I do get them, It hurts a lot on the side of my brain but it last only like 10 seconds.

Old 09-16-2004, 06:05 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

I can sure relate!!! I hate these, And with us panic people we think it is a tumor or aneryism or something awful like that! then we panic more! what a horrible cycle it is. when this happens I just take a deep breath and try not to think negative and it goes away.
Carly

Closed Thread