It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2004, 05:54 AM   #1
Inactive

byrdleg HB User
Unhappy Can't Take it anymore..........

Here I go again...................Could really use some input...... I have been on Paxil cr 12.5 for over 2 months now.It is really helping the panic BUT I am as my husband put it...........a walking house plant. I have no emotion.No excitement, NO SMILE nothing. I am just leting life pass me by and not even knowing.I don't enjoy ANYTHING. I did not realize how bad it had gotten until my husband pointed it out. I have been on EVERY SSRI and even tried NO Meds and that was horrible. I do counceling and have been hypnotized. NOW WHAT?? I have 2 children and can not live this way. I take Klonopin .05 3x daily as well and have for years. any suggests are greatly appreciated!

BYRDLEG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2004, 02:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Can't Take it anymore..........

if your antidepressants have all been the prozac type maybe try some others, or just take the paxil
also learn some CBT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2004, 02:45 PM   #3

KindaMessedUp HB User

The worse thing that I had to deal with while on Paxil, besides the nausaeu, diziness, anxiety, and headaches, was the fact that for little while that I tried it, I had absolutely no interest in anything. All I wanted to do was channel surf, and as much as I flicked around, I had no interest in anything that wason. I wouldn't laugh at Seinfeld. No energy. At times I couldn't wait until it was bedtime. And that was for two weeks. The day I stopped taking it, I felt a zest again.

It doesn't sound like it would be as easy for you to go off the Paxil. I am so sorry. I have always felt like when I put a lot of effort into feeling good, I usually do. I used to carry a small notbook EVERYWHERE i would go, and everytime I thought about something in a negative way, I would write down my thought, then later that day whenever I had time, I would Think of something positive to say in it's place, and write that beside it. Some days there were dozens of entries. And I would read on the subject of anxiety, and keep away from caffeine, and sugar, and listen to ralaxation tapes, and drink teas. All that everyday, and I would start to feel much better.

Good Luck

Old 09-08-2004, 03:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

I totally understand what you mean - I used the term "walking zombie" when I was on Wellbutrin XL ("walking house plant" however is rather cute!) I also had no emotions at all, no interest to do anything, couldn't focus on anything, very slow in responding when someone talked to me, etc. After 9 days of being like that, I stopped taking it. Told my dr. I didn't like it and didn't like being that way. A few weeks later, I tried Paxil CR 12.5mg and I was fine. Of course, each person reacts differently. Maybe you get off of the Paxil CR and try something else.
Take care,

Molly123

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdleg
Here I go again...................Could really use some input...... I have been on Paxil cr 12.5 for over 2 months now.It is really helping the panic BUT I am as my husband put it...........a walking house plant. I have no emotion.No excitement, NO SMILE nothing. I am just leting life pass me by and not even knowing.I don't enjoy ANYTHING. I did not realize how bad it had gotten until my husband pointed it out. I have been on EVERY SSRI and even tried NO Meds and that was horrible. I do counceling and have been hypnotized. NOW WHAT?? I have 2 children and can not live this way. I take Klonopin .05 3x daily as well and have for years. any suggests are greatly appreciated!

BYRDLEG

Old 09-08-2004, 11:37 PM   #5

Aidansmaid HB User

I am just shy from 2 weeks without Paxil after my doc explained that they are a big weight gain drug. So, I went off of it cold turkey and doc started me on Wellbutrin 3 days after I gave up Paxil. I will tell you, when I was on the smaller dose of Paxil, I was a zombie and was not even irritated about it. I didn't care that I just walked along, fixing my baby meals and setting them in front of him, without even speaking. I was at 37.5mg recently and let me tell you, it made a world of difference. If I wasn't suffering from an eating disorder, I'd still be on it. Maybe you just need an increase in your mg to make it work better.

Old 09-09-2004, 09:13 AM   #6
(female)

Kime HB User

If you are looking for an alternative try reading my post in the thread I don't know what to do anymore. You don't have to stop taking your meds to try it.

Kime

Closed Thread