It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2004, 05:24 AM   #1

becca24 HB User
I don't know what to do anymore

I don't know how to start without sounding like I've give up. I haven't, it just is hard when no one around you seams to know what to do or say without making you sound like an invalid. I have depression and panic attacks but up to now no meds have worked. It's getting to the pint that I just want to say in the house and not do anything that might trigger an attack. Since I don't know what my triggers are I tend to avoid everything and everyone.
I need to know if anyone out there has gone or is going through what I am. I just need to know I'm not alone. Thanks

Old 09-09-2004, 08:11 AM   #2
(female)

Kime HB User
Re: I don't know what to do anymore

Since meds haven't worked for you you might want to try niacin with vitamin C. It is safe and has helped other people. You could try 5 grams of C twice a day and 250-500 mg of niacinamide (non flush niacin) twice a day. If you feel at all nauseated that means you should take less of the niacinamide, but it isn't dangerous. It is a good idea to take a B-50 capsule each day to round out the Bs along with the niacinamide.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2004, 08:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

crabbyroad HB User

Becca,

What you are experiencing is called agoraphobia, I have it also with my panic, it didnt develop till over a period of time of avoidance behaviors, until my boundaries are very, very limited. But I do try, somedays I can't do my exposure therapy, sometimes I do with discomfort and slight panic, other times with no panic (as long as it isnt too far from my comfort zone), but it is baby steps in being comfortable with a zone, and slowly expanding it. Just this am, I had to go to my son's school to drop off some books, the bank, the grocery, it took 2 hours. My husband drove, but I was chewing nails, jumping out of my skin, had jelly legs and wanted to run from the grocery while there, but I stuck it out. After one hour, the panic/nervousness subsided that the remaining hour I was out, I had no problem. I understand what you are going through. Your basically controlling your panic by not leaving the safety of your comfort zone. The longer you stay there, the harder it is to get out. Please find a good "support person", to start slow with you, perhaps a walk up and down your street, that is how I started, as I used to not be able to get 2 houses away without the panic coming on, but I built it up gradually. Im by no means cured of the agoraphobia, but making more progress than scared to leave my yard for a panic attack.

Old 09-09-2004, 11:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to becca
your problems are common, valium type meds will always work for the panic attacks

Closed Thread