It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2004, 12:47 AM   #1

mytheory HB User
Unhappy Aniexty help/support please.

Hello all . Im new to the forums. I am currently taking paxil 50mg a day... at night... It doesnt seem to be helping my doctor will very rarely prescribe me xanx or anything else due to the fact they are highly addtictive but work very well. But has anyone ever got the feeling that they were alone. It seems like noone else understands it. Its almost cripling my life. I have noone who has had it as bad as me . I tried all the breathing treatments nothing seems to work but pills. I dont want to be addticted to pills my whole life. Do you know what i mean . Latly ive been feeling very hard to breathe. Like thiers a extra 100 pounds on my chest. Noone gets it how bad it drives me crazy not to be able to breathe. I cant keep a job. Cause my aniexty has been so cripling.. I dunno if it has something to do with my parents divorce my cousins sucide. that was a hard time with me.... Hmm i was just wondering if anyone has any support or any pres.. that have worked well with you that i could tell my doctor about... Well thanks for reading my story im starting to feel alot of aniexty comming out ... so im going to sign out.

P.s.. i really hope somone can help.. im going insane... nad its killing me... Driving me crazy with everyone is against me taking pills making me feel like im noone and its just must.. How everyone treats me my family and freinds... and it just makes my aniexty 100 x worse.... I just really hope i can find some help on here..

Last edited by Administrator; 09-15-2004 at 05:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2004, 01:35 AM   #2

jay20_music HB User
Thumbs up Re: Aniexty help/support please.

hi there, i can totally relate to what you are saying and so can many others. i have just started reading a book called Peace from nervous suffering by Dr Clare Weeks and it is really helpful. i haven't gone onto meds and i don't plan to. i want to beat it without them. i am also on a waiting list for CBT therapy which apparently is REALLY hepful, ask your Dr about it. when i was at my lowest i thought the same 'no one knows what i'm going thriugh or understands', and they dont. It's up to us to beat it and fight it and not give in. fgace the panic not run away from it cos that is what feeds the anxiety and keeps it there.

hope you find a way and let me know of any progress.

Jamie

Old 09-10-2004, 09:15 AM   #3

miss-prissy-me HB User
Re: Aniexty help/support please.

I've had anxiety attacks for years now and the most important thing is to relax. You shouldn't get yourself so worked up and think about your anxiety as much. You constantly thinking about it will only make it worse. Let things blow over! My attacks are so bad they normally put me in the hospital. However, after my last one about a year ago I decided it was time for a change in my life. Since I took all the hard anxiety out of my life, my ex-boyfriend, the job I didn't like, etc. I have felt 100% better! You can control this!

Old 09-10-2004, 12:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to mytheory

like the paxil isnt doing much at all for you
since you are on the mex dose, maybe ask doc about swapping to another prozac typer antidepressant med in the hope it will help you

occasionally these meds simply dont work for a person, which many docs dont know.
do try to relax, this will help a lot

Last edited by Administrator; 09-15-2004 at 05:48 AM.

Old 09-10-2004, 11:27 PM   #5

mytheory HB User

Yes i do try to relax. But its hard to relax somtimes when it feels like 100 pounds are on your chest and your heart is racing... But thanks for all the support. athe only thing i hate is that my mom is negative about the whole thing shes like its mind over matter just throw the pills away. Im trying to get into a phycatrist....

I was thinking about trying about hypnotherapy i think it is.. How does that work? I read alot of post where people say it works excelent the nearst place to me to go is about an hour and ahlf away... How much does it cost?

Last edited by Administrator; 09-15-2004 at 05:45 AM. Reason: cussing

Old 09-11-2004, 03:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

its often difficult to get help or understanding from our families

you could try hypno but it seldom seems to help, also seeing a psych is of doubtful benefit

xanax will help you thru the tough times

try a long soak in a hot bath, spa or jacuzzi to relax your muscles and help with the breathing, also ask doc about a beta blocker med as these relax the muscles

Old 09-13-2004, 12:03 AM   #7

mytheory HB User

My Doctor is about a complete moron. He has no idea from xanx. He only gives me .25 and i usally have to take 2 of them to get rid of my aniexty. I've been taking about 2 a day. he usally only gives me 10 at a time to. But im currently looking for a doctor that has more expirence in the field. Im trying to switch.

I usally take a nice warm shower it helps for a little bit. but how many showers can one take in a day. if you havent been through aniexty how can you treat it? The only thing they know is what they weretold most of these doctors.... So they think they can treat what they never exprienced. The fright of having your life taken away just cause you worry about hardness of breathing and such.. I love this board everytime i come here it seem like my aniexty gets taking away cause i know im not alone. I just orderd that Lindon Ross Thing... To check it out.. Ill let you know when it gets here and how it works.

Old 09-13-2004, 09:54 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

It's so hard to make people who have never been there to understand what you're going through. Most people have no idea how PHYSICAL anxiety can be. If that dose of paxil is not working, ask for something else. I once took lexapro with no effect at all, and I'm glad I didn't wait any longer. Really try to see a therapist, because sometimes medication only numbs us to the real reasons that we feel like this.

Carrie

Old 09-13-2004, 06:14 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

mytheory

I just want to let you know that I also have the heavy weight feeling on my chest. It doesn't happen to me all the time, but when it does, it's very scary. You sound more like you're having panic attacks. Especially if you cannot work. It did the same thing to me and I have been out of work for a year now.

I just want to say that it is NOT mind over matter. You may have to do some research on here and print out some symptoms of panic attacks and show this to your family. Panic attacks come from no where. You can be sitting down as calm as can be, then all of a sudden start feeling weird....for no reason at all. All of these symptoms come from your subconsious mind. So, even if you are not thinking about something stressfull at the time, your subconsious can be. It's hard to explain, that's why you should do some research on it. Going to a pschychiatrist can help alot. I will post some symptoms here for you so that you can see if you have any:

Panic Attack - Summary:

A panic attack is a sudden rush of uncomfortable physical symptoms coupled with thoughts of impending doom (making a scene, heart attack, not being able to breathe). Although the first panic attack may take place in a distinct situation, further episodes are unpredictable as to time or place.

One or more uncomfortable physical symptoms will be present in a severe form during an actual panic attack, such as increased heart rate, dizziness or lightheadedness, shortness of breath, inability to concentrate, and confusion.

After a number of panic episodes, the individual can become afraid of being a helpless victim of panic. He or she may hesitate to be alone, to venture far from home, or to be in public places. Even when not experiencing an anxiety attack, the person with panic attacks often becomes increasingly nervous and apprehensive. He or she attempts to remain physically and psychologically tense in preparation for the next attack.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-15-2004 at 05:48 AM.

Old 09-13-2004, 08:01 PM   #10

mytheory HB User

Thanks for all your suppose. I really apperciate it. It gives me some sence of reliefe to visit this site with all these people who care and know about aniexty and can understand you. It just hard to live life scared all the time i hate it. Ever have the feeling you just want to be normal and live a normal life.. Somtimes i feel as if im just making these systomes up in my head... and thier is nothing wrong with me... Witch freaks me out even more even tho i know im not .. just makes it hard.. Ive had aniexty for 3 years now and nothing has been as bad as this year.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-15-2004 at 05:46 AM. Reason: cussing

Old 09-13-2004, 08:41 PM   #11
(female)

blessedNways HB User

mytheory
Hey. Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time of it. I understand, as do most of the people on this sight. Isn't it annoying when someone says, just try to relax? Like if you knew how to do that you would be having this problem. Well, I had to learn how to relax and it took quite a bit of effort. I'll tell you what I did. Let me preface this with saying that I began suffering from anxiety when I was 20 years old. (I am now 28.) The first time I had a panic attack I had no idea what it was. I thought I was going crazy. I was all alone at home and I didn't know what to do. I got down on my knees and cried and prayed. After the first attack, it didn't just go away and I felt normal again. Instead I contined to have what I now know as free floating anxiety. I actually almost feel like that is worse, b/c you don't feel normal or well. You're just waiting for the next attack and you're so in your head that it's hard to function. My boyfriend at the time tried to be supportive, but as it is with most people, he didn't understand. He, like you're mom, just wanted me to stop--mind over matter. Anyways, I eventually stumbled on some written information on anxiety disorder and I have been on a path to nip it in the bud ever since. I just wanted to let you know that I understand how hard it is and how depressing it is ( I found the depression that came with the anxiey practically the worst part.) I also wanted to let you know that I am now anxiety free and have not suffered from panic attacks in a very very long time. I don't take medication (although I'm not saying anything against it.) It was a long and difficult path, but I can honestly say I'm better now for having gone through it. It made me who I am. It made me a compassionate and aware person, and of that I am thanful. I know that that might seem crazy to say--that I'm thankful for the disorder, but I hope one day you'll be able to look back and say the same thing.
Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to tell you some of the stuff that I have done to alleviate the anxiey. I learned to relax. I take yoga which is so beneficial, I can't even begin to explain. It teaches you, eventually, to calm you're mind. It teaches you to not attach to your thoughts (which is what we do to escalate a panic attack) You have to go regularly. Ideally, at least twice a week. I excersise. I find that the natural release of endorphins helps with the depression. Plus, it's good to learn that the sound of your heart beating doesn't always signal a panic attack. I go to therapy. I go to a place with a sliding scale so it's not too expensive. Since I don't take medication it's not a psychiatrist but a psychologist. I've gone to three different ones. I think it's important to try them out and make sure it's someone that you trust and feel comfortable with. I love the one I have now. The reason I'm telling you I've been to three is b/c I know a lot of people don't like psychologists and I want to say that just like there is with everthing, there are good ones and bad ones. Don't let a few bad experiences make you throw out the whole idea of a psychologist.
I've learned to change my self talk. I used to be really negative and mostly at my own expense. Many times people with this disorder are the kinds of people that are really hard on themselves. We must learn to love ourselves and be compassionate and generous with ourselves.
I've done other things too, but this is getting ridiculously long and I don't know if everyone has tuned me out by now. Just let me know if you have any questions. Good luck to you. It can be done and it will get better. Anxiety is treatable. Remember that.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-15-2004 at 05:46 AM.

Old 09-13-2004, 10:45 PM   #12
(male)

DjTiesto HB User

I understand that feeling. Although nobody else I talk to or whatever doesnt. I havent gotten treated for axiety or the panic attacks I have. I really didnt know what a panic attack or anxiety was until I read up on it. I have these times where it doesnt happen often but all of a sudden my heart just feels so bad, like really really bad chest pains, and I can barely breathe, and when I do it makes my heart feel even worse. Its pretty scary. Also I get these times where its like a headache, but instead I have to stop what Im doing and close my eyes, I feel really dizzy and lightheaded and have to hold my head with my hands due to the pain and this also sucks.

Then I also feel as Im not normal and why cant I be normal, and worry a lot about things, and also bad thought about dying.

Last edited by DjTiesto; 09-13-2004 at 10:46 PM.

Old 09-17-2004, 03:51 AM   #13

mytheory HB User

Yes i get all of thouse signs..
I currently started Lucinda Bassett program.Today.. Thought i would post some things about it.. I havent even taken lesson one yet and i feel better.. I listened to the relxaion cd and it seemed to help alot... After i finish the program i plan on quitting my med when im comfortable with it. Cause i dont feel myself on them.. and i would love to quit taking them...

Blessed thank you soo much for that post..!! it helped me alot.. Thanks alot

Last edited by Administrator; 09-17-2004 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Please read the Posting Rules.

Closed Thread