It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2004, 08:03 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 14
sprinkles HB User
Cool Zoloft withdrawal , magnesium really helps

Hi
I have had panic attacks for about five years and am taking Zoloft which helped but made me really nauseous. I started weaning off from 100mg to 75mg a day, and since then couldn't stop throwing up and constantly had tingling in my feet and hands. And my anxiety was non stop.
Yesterday I started taking magnesium tablets (combined with Vitamin B6 and calcium, as they all work together and absorb each other, lol).
It really is quite amazing. My tingling has stopped and this is the first time I haven't thrown up in weeks.
I really hope this helps everyone. I've spent hours on the Net trying to find something which can help, and this seems to be it!
Best of all, the anxiety has gone. I haven't felt this calm in ages.

 
The Following User Says Thank You to sprinkles For This Useful Post:
Nisalynn (05-30-2012)
Old 09-16-2004, 08:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 2,124
ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Zoloft withdrawal , magnesium really helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinkles
Hi
I have had panic attacks for about five years and am taking Zoloft which helped but made me really nauseous. I started weaning off from 100mg to 75mg a day, and since then couldn't stop throwing up and constantly had tingling in my feet and hands. And my anxiety was non stop.
Yesterday I started taking magnesium tablets (combined with Vitamin B6 and calcium, as they all work together and absorb each other, lol).
It really is quite amazing. My tingling has stopped and this is the first time I haven't thrown up in weeks.
I really hope this helps everyone. I've spent hours on the Net trying to find something which can help, and this seems to be it!
Best of all, the anxiety has gone. I haven't felt this calm in ages.
What type of magnesium are you taking? and it's mixed with b6 and calcium. I have to watch the calcium cause just had a kidney stones.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 09-16-2004, 09:50 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 14
sprinkles HB User
Re: Zoloft withdrawal , magnesium really helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante
What type of magnesium are you taking? and it's mixed with b6 and calcium. I have to watch the calcium cause just had a kidney stones.
Hi, I'm taking an Australian brand called Blackmores Bio Magnesium. Sorry, I'm not sure about American brands. Do you have a good doctor you can ask about taking these vitamins? I don't want you to get sick

 
Old 09-17-2004, 08:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 2,124
ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Zoloft withdrawal , magnesium really helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinkles
Hi, I'm taking an Australian brand called Blackmores Bio Magnesium. Sorry, I'm not sure about American brands. Do you have a good doctor you can ask about taking these vitamins? I don't want you to get sick
I've actually used mag in the past, it was great, but the mag was giving me diarrhea, so I switched to a mag called slow mag, but now that I had a kidney stone crushed, waiting to see the results to what caused it, so leary about the calcium right now, even my doc doesn't want me to take it yet. Anyways, the mag was called mag chloride in it and it was good. I will check out what u are using online.

Andrea

 
Old 09-17-2004, 11:59 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 14
sprinkles HB User
Re: Zoloft withdrawal , magnesium really helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante
I've actually used mag in the past, it was great, but the mag was giving me diarrhea, so I switched to a mag called slow mag, but now that I had a kidney stone crushed, waiting to see the results to what caused it, so leary about the calcium right now, even my doc doesn't want me to take it yet. Anyways, the mag was called mag chloride in it and it was good. I will check out what u are using online.

Andrea
Hi Andrea,
I'm so glad you asked your doctor Blackmore's is probably the best Australian brand there is. It's really amazing, because for 2 months on Zoloft withdrawal I was throwing up every night, but since I started taking the magnesium I've had no headaches or throwing up !
I also no longer have aching muscles, I could hardly move after exercising before this. I seem to have no panicky feelings at all. I used to be skeptical about vitamin pills, until now.
I really hope there is a safe way for you to take it, good luck!
Kelly

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Cymbalta vs.Zoloft economike Depression 14 03-24-2011 09:34 PM
Zoloft Withdrawal is HELL! PaddyB Depression 215 07-07-2005 08:40 PM
Lamotta - ANYONE??? Zoloft withdrawal suggestions??? cjFTWORTH Lyme Disease 6 05-24-2005 11:25 AM
ZOLOFT - Long Term Effects???? Schecky Depression 26 02-14-2005 02:53 AM
need advice on zoloft djhorse11 Depression 10 01-11-2005 08:14 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



mjewell (11), Andrea78 (7), Stormlover712 (3), Graciecat (2), DawnMarie1978 (2), tnmomofive (2), db851 (2), davidv1 (2), lennon3 (2), tommy508 (2)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1011), Apollo123 (909), Titchou (856), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (761), ladybud (755), midwest1 (669), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:27 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!