It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2004, 08:03 AM   #1

sprinkles HB User
Cool Zoloft withdrawal , magnesium really helps

Hi
I have had panic attacks for about five years and am taking Zoloft which helped but made me really nauseous. I started weaning off from 100mg to 75mg a day, and since then couldn't stop throwing up and constantly had tingling in my feet and hands. And my anxiety was non stop.
Yesterday I started taking magnesium tablets (combined with Vitamin B6 and calcium, as they all work together and absorb each other, lol).
It really is quite amazing. My tingling has stopped and this is the first time I haven't thrown up in weeks.
I really hope this helps everyone. I've spent hours on the Net trying to find something which can help, and this seems to be it!
Best of all, the anxiety has gone. I haven't felt this calm in ages.

The Following User Says Thank You to sprinkles For This Useful Post:
Nisalynn (05-30-2012)
Old 09-16-2004, 08:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Zoloft withdrawal , magnesium really helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinkles
Hi
I have had panic attacks for about five years and am taking Zoloft which helped but made me really nauseous. I started weaning off from 100mg to 75mg a day, and since then couldn't stop throwing up and constantly had tingling in my feet and hands. And my anxiety was non stop.
Yesterday I started taking magnesium tablets (combined with Vitamin B6 and calcium, as they all work together and absorb each other, lol).
It really is quite amazing. My tingling has stopped and this is the first time I haven't thrown up in weeks.
I really hope this helps everyone. I've spent hours on the Net trying to find something which can help, and this seems to be it!
Best of all, the anxiety has gone. I haven't felt this calm in ages.
What type of magnesium are you taking? and it's mixed with b6 and calcium. I have to watch the calcium cause just had a kidney stones.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2004, 09:50 PM   #3

sprinkles HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante
What type of magnesium are you taking? and it's mixed with b6 and calcium. I have to watch the calcium cause just had a kidney stones.
Hi, I'm taking an Australian brand called Blackmores Bio Magnesium. Sorry, I'm not sure about American brands. Do you have a good doctor you can ask about taking these vitamins? I don't want you to get sick

Old 09-17-2004, 08:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinkles
Hi, I'm taking an Australian brand called Blackmores Bio Magnesium. Sorry, I'm not sure about American brands. Do you have a good doctor you can ask about taking these vitamins? I don't want you to get sick
I've actually used mag in the past, it was great, but the mag was giving me diarrhea, so I switched to a mag called slow mag, but now that I had a kidney stone crushed, waiting to see the results to what caused it, so leary about the calcium right now, even my doc doesn't want me to take it yet. Anyways, the mag was called mag chloride in it and it was good. I will check out what u are using online.

Andrea

Old 09-17-2004, 11:59 PM   #5

sprinkles HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante
I've actually used mag in the past, it was great, but the mag was giving me diarrhea, so I switched to a mag called slow mag, but now that I had a kidney stone crushed, waiting to see the results to what caused it, so leary about the calcium right now, even my doc doesn't want me to take it yet. Anyways, the mag was called mag chloride in it and it was good. I will check out what u are using online.

Andrea
Hi Andrea,
I'm so glad you asked your doctor Blackmore's is probably the best Australian brand there is. It's really amazing, because for 2 months on Zoloft withdrawal I was throwing up every night, but since I started taking the magnesium I've had no headaches or throwing up !
I also no longer have aching muscles, I could hardly move after exercising before this. I seem to have no panicky feelings at all. I used to be skeptical about vitamin pills, until now.
I really hope there is a safe way for you to take it, good luck!
Kelly

Closed Thread