It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2004, 11:54 AM   #1
(female)

sassy040 HB User
Help Me!!!!!!!!!!

I Have Been Doing Ok Lately, Had A Stressful Week, And Yesterday At Home I Felt Like I Was Smothering, Then All The Terrible Thoughts And Feelings Came. I Really Felt Like I Wanted To Run, Or Go To The Hospital. I Have Done That In The Past But It Is A Waste Of Time And Mony. My Internal Med Dr Has One More Test To Do For Thyroid, But After All The Times I Have Had These Episodes, I Still Cannot Seem To Except Them Or "float With Them. Why Cant I Get Rid Of The Fear? I Do My Breathing, Etc.., But Cannot Get That Overwhelming Feeling That I Am Not Normal Off My Mind. Now I Feel Depressed, Like A Failure. Please Help Me Have Confidence

Thanks
Ajs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2004, 12:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Help Me!!!!!!!!!!

get some valium type meds ands disolve a tablet under the tongue when it happens, look up panic attack on the net and see if your problems are actually a panic attack
there are other possible causes such as low blood sugar

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2004, 06:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User
Re: Help Me!!!!!!!!!!

I was just like you!!!!!!! I could not accept that what was wrong with me was a panic disorder! I couldn't believe that this could cause me so much discomfort and FEAR. This may sound weird but I have tried meds and I am still on them but in the process I went to a hypnotherapist and I feel great! The first panic attack I had after I had seen her My mind told me don't be scared you have felt this before, ignore it, breath, do something to take your mind off of this nonsense! where as before my mind would say...your dying, help!!! go to the e.r( I have done that 3 times ) RUN, something is wrong.
I am serious, It helps to just accept it and I truly belive you have to accept this as part of you before you can get better. Don't worry you will get there I have been having them for 6 years now, it started when I was 20.
we are here for you!!!! take care and you will be fine!!!
Carly
P.s before I got help I was very depressed!

Closed Thread