It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2004, 01:23 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

immortal19 HB User
Panic season coming up!!

Well winter is coming up and it is the worst season for me. The past and memories of bad things happening were in the winter so I can already feel the memories starting to tremble in my mind. Any thoughts or suggestions to get through the season?

Old 10-23-2004, 03:33 PM   #2
(male)

jeffster HB User
Re: Panic season coming up!!

That that doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

Jeff

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2004, 06:48 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

Wow thats good advice i too suffer from the same thing and it sucks!! nothing helps for me i try to take my meds and not think about it. avoiding going outside when its dark i find helps me anyways. im in canada so we have had snow for a couple of weeks no with NO sun just white shy and ground. we just have to count down the days for summer! i associate it with death, sickness, hospitals, medical tests and bad news im not really sure why but im convinced if something bad is going to happen now is the time.

Old 10-24-2004, 10:00 AM   #4
(male)

jeffster HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley0610
Wow thats good advice
The question was:
"Any thoughts or suggestions to get through the season?"

My "advice" fell under the thoughts part of that, it wasn't "advice". Maybe you don't think it's got any merit, but that thought helps me out a lot, and I was sharing hoping that maybe it could help someone else out.

Jeff

Old 10-24-2004, 02:11 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

immortal19 HB User

Yeah that's a good way to look at it, I will give it a shot. Everytime I start getting anxious or bad memories come up I will say that to myself and see if it helps.
Thanks, I will post on any success.

Old 10-24-2004, 02:20 PM   #6
(female)

krisdance83 HB User

I have this problem too, immortal. I am deathly afraid of vomitting and I associate all of my bad feelings about vomitting to the winter time. I'm already having these bad anxiety attacks and feeling sick every day. No doctors can tell me if it is there is something physically wrong with me or if it is my anxiety making me feel ill all the time. I honestly don't know how I'm going to get thru this winter. BUT I'm going to try my best to be strong and not let my mind take control over my body. I hope that you have success with fighting off those memories. Good luck to you!

Old 10-25-2004, 06:34 PM   #7

jas1980 HB User

This is my bad time of the year. I just try to get through it as best I can. I tell myself this happens every year, and every year I make my way through it. Xanax doesn't hurt having around, either.

Old 11-07-2004, 05:31 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

Maybe we are all suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder. I know when the days get shorter and grayer, I slow down and anxiety increases as well as muscle aches and pains.

If that is the case, my dentist ( always have TMJ at this time of the year) told me about some special lights that he uses in his office and sits under for a couple of extra hours a day. He said that it really helps him.

Old 11-08-2004, 12:15 PM   #9
Veteran

KayT HB User

I always experience more anxiety in the winter. I have no idea why. It usually starts to kick up around October (when it starts getting chilly outside where I live) and sticks around until March or April. It has to have something to do with the weather.

Hang in there though, you know you can make it through it and winter will be over with before you know it.

As for bad memories, my mom's bday is in December, so that is tough, but I use a lot of self talk to turn those memories in to something positive instead of negative, thus helping with my anxiety.

My thoughts are with you,

Kaytee

Closed Thread