It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2004, 05:21 PM   #1
(female)

jadeearth HB User
Xanax Question

Hi All, I am usually on the inner ear threads, but have been visiting this one as well. Have a history of Panic Disorder (Dealt with for 3 years no meds). So really empathize with anyone who experiences PA attacks, I think I have an inner ear thing causing me massive anxiety and yep, I am having Panic Attacks gain, especialy out in the world.

Here is the question: Nevere taken Xanax before, took .25 today 1st time. Made me feel sleepy and stoned, do those symptoms go away, should I keep taking it? How long do you agve to take it for it to feel normal? What if you just take it situationally you still always feel stoned? Just trying to use it right now to calm the system down. I get dizzy and experience motion and vision problems really easily. Anyway, any advice or similar experiences about xanax would be appreciated.

I will share, I struggled so hard for 3 years, refusing to take meds for my panic attacks and today I thought I could have maybe gotten threw all of it a lot faster utilizing a drug like xanax and therapy. I am still glad for my process, but 3 years was a long time to be scared and live with all that fear.

Thanks, Jade

Old 11-07-2004, 05:31 PM   #2

468LC HB User
Re: Xanax Question

It takes a while for the side effects to go away. At least for me. After a week most of the drowsiness goes away. I don't think it ever completely goes away though. I still feel slightly weaker then normal. The dizzy and stoned feeling was gone in a few day for me.

I quit taking regular xanax and switched the XR formula. I only take one a day and it makes a huge difference I think.

Still looking forward to finding a way off them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2004, 06:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User

I have taken Xanax in the past.
I never felt tired or weak at all even from the very first time I took it.
I guess I was just so thankful that I wasn't scared to death any more, that even if it did make me weak or tired I wouldn't have noticed!
Everyone reacts differently to these medications and I have talked to other people who have experianced the same thing you did when they first took it.
They all said that those feelings left them within just a few days at most.

Old 11-08-2004, 04:18 AM   #4

Keep Ya Head Up HB User

Hi i only just taken xanax for my anxiety!!!!My experience....

I took half of .25 in the evening and boy was i stoned...i tried to stand up and it was an effort was tired...eating was fun..LOL....after 2 hours i felt alot better...BUT i had a mother hangover next day This drug if taken at night is great if you just sit there and let it do its stuff..it works that way.

I took half a .25 during the day aswell completely different effect not tired and made me do stuff i hadnt done for a long time!!!!!

So to sum up...taken in the evening when you are naturally on the resting part of the day...it makes you more tired.During the day much better effect.

BUT take heed after everyone i have taken i have looked forward whilst coming down to take anotherthe next day...which i dont!!!!..BOY these are very addictive..its a good job i am strong willed!!

Old 11-08-2004, 08:44 PM   #5
(female)

jadeearth HB User

Thanks for the input. I felt depressed when I came off it last night and depressed as well today. Normally I am anxious, is that normal?

Closed Thread