It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2005, 11:10 AM   #1

plantlover HB User
Lexapro withdrawl ....

Is there such thing as Lexapro withdrawl? Today is my 4th day without having to take my Lexapro. Per psychiatrist orders. Not like I made the decision on my own. My goal was to get of the medicine which I am happy I have done. However, since I came of the medicine I have this cloud over my head. Sort of like I am dizzy, maybe some blurred vision. Could it be due to the fact I am no longer on Lexapro and just getting used to it??????

Old 03-05-2005, 12:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Lexapro withdrawl ....

if you were on it for a while its usual to taper off slowly, rather than quit cold turkey, yes withdrawl problems are common from a ll antidepressant meds, including strong dreams that wake you

try to cope but if problems become severe, maybe get back on it and do a sleo taper, benzos help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2005, 07:24 PM   #3

plantlover HB User

How long do the withdrawl symptoms last for???

Old 03-22-2005, 10:46 AM   #4

tempa HB User

I was on Lex for a year. Only 5mg. I weaned off Lex for like 4months... SLOWLY. I felt ok the whole time I was weaning. I decreased half a mg every two weeks. Now, I have been completely off for a little over a week... I'm trying to hang in there. I just know that if I take some Lex this feeling will go away..I feel horrible. I am constantly dizzy with headaches almost like my body is leaning to one side. I also feel nauseous. Any recomendations? suggestions? HELP!

-Jodi

Old 04-09-2005, 06:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantlover
Is there such thing as Lexapro withdrawl? Today is my 4th day without having to take my Lexapro. Per psychiatrist orders. Not like I made the decision on my own. My goal was to get of the medicine which I am happy I have done. However, since I came of the medicine I have this cloud over my head. Sort of like I am dizzy, maybe some blurred vision. Could it be due to the fact I am no longer on Lexapro and just getting used to it??????
Plantlover
can I ask WHY you are stopping Lexapro? Did it not work or do you no longer need it? I am considering this med.

THANKS!

Old 04-09-2005, 11:06 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

woodfaery HB User

Lexapro was very helpful for me in many many ways, and I personally plan on getting right back on it this month, I have the prescription called in and all I have to do is pick it up. The reason I got off of the Lexapro was because I felt so wonderful that I didnt think I needed the antidepressant anymore--when actually it was the Lexapro that had balanced things out for me. Many people get off an a.d. because they feel they are all better (like I did)--or sometimes side effects for some people are just too much to bare, or have become pregnant. Theres many reasons why people get off a'ds. After stopping Lexapro--I was back to being very depressed. Its just my chemistry, and how my brain works.
Good luck Plantlover, let me know how it goes for you on Lexapro if you try it!
WF

Old 01-04-2006, 04:27 PM   #7

shirleyr HB User

The dizziness will go away in a few days. It did for me in about 2 weeks.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:39 AM   #8

leefromnj HB User

i'm bumping this...
i was on 20mg of Paxil for 1 yr. Switched to Lexapro in Jan 06 due to weight gain (12 lbs). Lexapro didn't help that. i feel good and want off the anti-depressants.

i should ad i'm 34yr old male.

anyway started tapering 10mg for 1 week...felt GREAT.
5 mg for 1 week....felt great (and started losing weight)

this is day 4 of ZERO and i am dizzy as hell...spaced out...etc. Any suggestions??? Anyone feel the same?

Old 07-24-2006, 08:59 AM   #9

ms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB User

When replying to a thread please be sure that it's still current, this one is not.
It was started well over a year ago and hasn't been active in over 6 months.

If you wish to discuss this topic further, please start a new thread.
This one is now closed.

Ms_Mod

Closed Thread