It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 03:32 PM   #1
(female)

Time2Heal HB User
**help Please**

I was so on top of the world a couple of months ago when my dr. added lexapro with my klonopin, now it has seemed to contridict itself, and I have been lower than before- getting my panic back and now, to ease my mental pain, I have been doing bad things to myself that will be there forever.

I know, I know, I need to call my dr. but I cannot go to him because he will see what I have done. The one person in my life ( my sister) that is always here for me has totally refused to talk to me anymore because she is digusted with what I have done!
Caytie

Old 03-08-2005, 04:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User
Re: **help Please**

First of all just wanted to say that I've never taken lexapro so I can't really offer any advice in that area.

I'm no expert and I'm sorry if this offends you in any way because that's not at all what I want to do...but I take it from your post that perhaps you may be cutting?
I'm sorry if I'm making an assumption and if that's not what you meant please forgive me.

Frankly, no matter what, I think the best thing you could do for yourself is get to your Doctor.
Yes, you're probably right and he will see what you have done but please don't let that stop you from going, you need his help.

Again, I'm sorry if I'm assuming something I shouldn't or if I have offended you in any way, but please go to your Doctor and get some help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2005, 08:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

if you are cutting yourself this is quite common for reducing anxiety and doc will understand, he will know about cutting, theres also info on the net under cutting

lexapro is supposed to reduce anxiety and depression but occasionally it does more harm than good and I would say its not for you, stop taking it, taper off and stay on the klonapin

Old 03-08-2005, 11:23 PM   #4
(female)

Time2Heal HB User

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOTH OF YOUR ASSUMPTIONS ARE 100% correct. I am going to call him tomorrow and make an appt.
Caytie

ONE MORE QUESTION THOUGH-BEFORE I CALL HIM...... CAN HE MAKE ME GO TO A MENTAL HOSP. FOR DOING THIS?

Old 03-09-2005, 09:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User

I wish I could could tell you, but I honestly don't have any idea.
Hopefully someone else will be able to answer that question for you.

Old 03-09-2005, 10:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Heal
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOTH OF YOUR ASSUMPTIONS ARE 100% correct. I am going to call him tomorrow and make an appt.
Caytie

ONE MORE QUESTION THOUGH-BEFORE I CALL HIM...... CAN HE MAKE ME GO TO A MENTAL HOSP. FOR DOING THIS?
Absolutely not! He can only suggest it.

Melly

Closed Thread