It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2005, 08:55 PM   #1
(male)

SaintAngerBH HB User
Tight pressure in my head, and ringing in ear

So I had gone general panic attack free for a while until a couple days ago.

Now I have I guess a wax build up in my ear so my right ear is clogged up some. Been using that removal stuff but it hasn't worked yet.

So I have this kinda loudish ringing in that ear that really bothers me.

But I was at work a couple days ago and I just randomly got this really weird pressure in my head, HARD pressure and that's when the ringing started and it hasn't stopped since. Of course I had a panic attack...it didn't last long because I contained it.

But I'm just wondering what that would be? Just another symptom of anxiety? Or something else. I haven't experienced that one before....

Old 04-02-2005, 06:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User
Re: Tight pressure in my head, and ringing in ear

I'm not an expert, but when you mentioned that your ears feel clogged up and then all of a sudden you felt pressure in your head it made me think of something that happened to me a couple of summers ago.
I had the very same thing...I went to my GP because the pressure was driving me crazy it would even go down into my neck and down my jaw line.
My GP looked in my ear and said there was tons of wax in my ear and a lot of fluid.
I couldn't understand the wax because I clean my ears all the time, my Doctor told me that sometimes when you clean your ears to much instead of getting wax out you simply push it further into your ear, he also sent me to an ENT because of the fluid.
Turns out I have something called ETD...the tube in my middle ear doesn't work the way it's supposed to and water gets in my ears put can't get back out.

Anyway what I'm trying to get at is, your problem could very well be your ears and not an anxiety problem.
I still get the pressure from to time, both my GP and the ENT told me to buy ear candles and use them.
They both assured me that ear candleing is very safe and in fact has been used for centuries.
So to make a long story even longer I bought some candles and used them.
The junk that came out of my ears was amazing and the best part is after I used them the pressure was gone completely.
They both told me that some people might try to tell me that all the wax and "junk" I saw inside the candle was from the candle itself, but they said that simply isn't true, they told me when I looked at it I'd be able to tell the difference...and believe me you can...not only by the way my ears feel after I'm done but by the way the stuff in the candle looks.
The stuff from the candle looks like powder and the stuff from your ears doesn't.
I was worried about the wax from the candle getting into my ears, but they both told me that wasn't going to happen because of the vacuum created by the hollow candle in my ear....they said it wouldn't let anything fall back into my ear.

So everytime I get the horrible pressue in my ears and my head...usually about four time a year or so....I go get candles and the pressure is relieved.

I'm not a Doctor, but you might want to talk to your Doctor or ask at the Pharmacy about the ear candles.

They sell them at one of the Pharmacies here were I live and I've also been told that they're sold in health food stores also.
Might be worth checking into.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread