It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2005, 05:00 PM   #16
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User
Re: You know you have panic disorder when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach8

You cut an aspirin in half because you think you might be getting to much.
How about you cut your pills in half, half again and half once more until its basically dust for fear of OD'ing. I've done that so many times that I actually just crush the little buggers into a powder and used a tiny pinch of powder. God, I AM insane!

The Following User Says Thank You to Changedusername For This Useful Post:
MEOgirl (09-18-2011)
Old 07-20-2005, 11:01 AM   #17
(female)

dizzychick HB User

you also know you have panic disorder when:
you always have a crossword puzzle book when driving cause you can't sit still at a red light or being stuck in traffic.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2005, 07:26 PM   #18
(female)

mshatch HB User

Im new to this board I thought I would just stop in to read and see if anyone was anywhere near like me.....lol Its great to know im not alone. Thanks for the laughter...

Mshatch

Old 07-23-2005, 04:52 PM   #19

SkrewedUp88 HB User

I know i have panic disorder because im typing this with one hand because my other hand is taking my pulse in my neck

Old 07-23-2005, 05:45 PM   #20
(female)

Wyshana2005 HB User

when u lose your anixety medicine and turn the whole house upside down looking for your medicine and cause yourself to have a anixety attack.

when you go purchase a blood pressure monitor to check your pulse 50 times a day

Old 07-23-2005, 05:55 PM   #21
(female)

Wyshana2005 HB User

u get five teeth pulledand will not takethe vicodin prescribed to you in fear it will causea anxiety attack. Or when u stop taking all otc drugs, alcohol, caffine and chocolate because of anixety

The following user gives a hug of support to Wyshana2005:
DDD Sara (12-05-2011)
Old 07-23-2005, 07:35 PM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User

When you throw a large slurpee across the laps of 4 people sitting on a bench, because a bee flew by.

When you are talking to someone and they raise their eyebrows and you start hitting yourself, convinced there's a spider on your shoulder.

When you turn the heat on in your car for the first time that season, and the leaves that fly up from the dash cause near accidents.

When you go slowly from room to room searching for the insect causing that buzzing noise, only to discover the neighbor is cutting his grass.

When you're driving and someone honks, and you immediately go up the curb.

When you can't go to sleep at night unless you've gone to every member of the household to check if they are breathing.

When you have to check the color or examine everything that comes out of your body.

Old 07-24-2005, 06:22 PM   #23
(female)

1blueangelz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach8
I'll play this game too.

You wait till your falling asleep in your recliner before you will change into your pajamas for fear you might have to go to the ER. (pretty bad huh!!)

Loved this one!!! That one was wonderful...(been there done this kinda thing...lol)

Old 07-25-2005, 09:03 AM   #24
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkrewedUp88
I know i have panic disorder because im typing this with one hand because my other hand is taking my pulse in my neck
LOL that's funny

Old 07-30-2005, 07:00 AM   #25
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

I know I have a panic disorder because...

- I cry for 2 days before having to get on an airplane and have difficulty keeping solid food down for the same 2 days
- I stock up on booze (and put it in water bottles to sneak onboard) and tranquilizers about a week before a flight
- my own family members refuse to sit with me on the plane (which is okay because trying to down-play my panic for them only makes it worse)
- the flight attendent asks me every few minutes if I'm okay - sure thing, honey, I'm hyperventilating and have a death grip on these armrests because I think this is fun!
- I cry again when we touch down.

Guess I'm luckier than many of you. Flying is my only true phobia.

Last edited by index.html; 07-30-2005 at 01:45 PM.

Old 08-04-2005, 07:22 AM   #26
(female)

llovell67 HB User

index.html -

Me too! I HATE flying! I have other anxiety issues, but flying is the worst. Is there a "Fear of Flying" healthboard? How can we start one?!

Old 08-31-2005, 04:58 AM   #27
(female)

anxietysucks HB User

Ok, I'm new here but I'll give this a shot.

When you count your Xanax every single day, and then divide by how many days you have left until your refill, then panic because you know you are allowed only so many so you don't run short, then have an attack over worrying over that, which causes you to take more than you were allowed that day based on the count you just did.

The following user gives a hug of support to anxietysucks:
MeMe31 (07-07-2011)
Old 09-02-2005, 07:32 PM   #28
Senior Veteran
(female)

crabbyroad HB User
Thumbs up Re: You know you have panic disorder when...

You know you have panic disorder when...

While driving you will do anything to avoid stoplights, such as going 10 mph approaching one so it will turn green by the time you get there.

Always avoid the left hand turn lane at stoplights so you wont jump out of the car into oncoming traffic.

Feel anxiety bad, and clean up your best, clean underwear, etc for the anticipated trip to the ER.

Make sure your cell phone and home phone bills are paid first, so you always have a line of communication open for help.

Have 3 or more "Panic" Sites saved to your favorites on your computer, visiting them several times a day.

These posts have been great, I have practically fit all of them, especially the
blood pressure monitors, heart rate, benzo up before leaving 3 days in advance. Thank goodness we aren't alone in this.

Last edited by crabbyroad; 10-05-2005 at 04:00 PM.

Old 10-05-2005, 04:00 PM   #29
Senior Veteran
(female)

crabbyroad HB User

Giving it a bump, laughter can be therapeutic

Old 10-13-2005, 01:01 PM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

lindsalou HB User

I might be a little late replying to this one but heres mine;
you check your moblies fully charged before leaving the house, incase you need to phone an ambulance whilst your out.
You run round the supermarket like your doing a trolley dash (and go home without most the things you actually needed.
Your doctors receptionist knows who you are (without you actually telling her your name)
The doc has a forklift truck to carry your medical records.
You check every 'best by date' on foods (in case you get poisoned).
Friends stop inviting you out.
You know word perfect 'the boy who cried wolf'
Your neighbours think your a vampire (cos you rarely see daylight)
These posts have made me laugh so much, i felt i had to add my bit.

Closed Thread