It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2005, 02:40 PM   #46

Atthis HB User
Re: You know you have panic disorder when...

-when you think your boss is going to kill you because you sent your fax cover sheet a day late.
-when you can't breathe because you know that in only five weeks you have to give a presentation.
-when it takes you an hour and a half to complete a quiz that everyone else finished in twenty minutes.

Old 11-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #47
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

When you drive out of your way making only right turns because left turns are just too scary!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2005, 03:21 PM   #48
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User

1.) When you let your hair grow extra long because you are so certain that you'll pass out in the barber's/hairdresser's chair

2.) When you would rather go through the McDonald's drive-thru alone and eat a cheeseburger than go out and eat a 20 oz steak with your friends at a nice restaurant.

3.) When you don't want to go to sleep until 3am because you are afraid of waking up and starting the next day.

4.) When you say your prayers before bed just in case you DON'T wake up the next day

5.) When you have to get a little drunk BEFORE going out to the bar/club because if you don't, you won't be able to get yourself to go.

6.) When the only time someone can convince you to go see a movie is when you know that there won't be many people there like weeknights or matinee shows.

7.) When riding in a car going up and down hills feels like the scariest rollercoaster you have ever been on

8.) When you visit someone in the hospital and can't stop thinking, "I'm the one who should be in here..."

9.) When you get wedding/birthday invitations and let them sit on table until the last minute or just don't respond because you can't decide whether or not you can handle going to it.

10.) When you MUST go to the bathroom as soon as you arrive at any restaurant to splash some 'magic water' on your face.

Old 11-15-2005, 05:17 PM   #49
(female)

anxiety27 HB User

you know you have panic disorder when..... (I'm sorry I didn't catch this thread earlier) Heres mine!

***you fear going to your mailbox because your afraid your going to get a summens for jury duty and your going to be forced to drive what is your "too far" range!..........and you know you'll have a panic attack way before even getting there...... are they sure they want me anyway...LOL I'd be such a wreck!

My anxiety is when I'm in the car in any area of unknown.. or too far from my comfort zone....

***heres another one that happened to me today.......getting into a panic miles ahead at the first sign of seeing cop cars and flashing lights in the distance and knowng there is going to be a detour!!! OH KNOW those are the worst kinds of panic attacks for me!

I have so many more......

Last edited by anxiety27; 11-15-2005 at 05:26 PM.

Old 11-24-2005, 08:54 PM   #50
(female)

violaa HB User

OK heres mine you know you have panic disorder when you will not read the side effects on the med boxes cause you will get the symtems,and you go to like i go to my husband and tell him talk me threw this one tell me im not gonna dye have a brain tumor and etc

The following user gives a hug of support to violaa:
momoftwins24 (03-08-2011)
Old 11-24-2005, 09:59 PM   #51
(female)

violaa HB User

this was the best ever ty for the laugh im not laughing at you i do that to

Old 11-26-2005, 08:30 AM   #52
(female)

jenny1983 HB User

Have 3 or more "Panic" Sites saved to your favorites on your computer, visiting them several times a day.

I LOVE THIS ONE B/C THIS ONE IS ME I HAVE LIKE 8 SAVED SITES IN MY COMP

Old 11-26-2005, 08:42 AM   #53
(female)

jenny1983 HB User

ALL OF THE POSTS WERE VERY FUNNY
WELL HERES MINE
I KNOW I HAVE PANIC WHEN:
(1)IF I FEEL LIKE MY HEAD IS HURTING OR SOMETHING ELSE IN MY BODY I IMMIDIETLY RUN TO MY COMPUTER TO CHECK OUT WHY AM I HAVING THESE PAINS AND IF I HAVE A HORRIBLE ILLNESS ..
(2)EVERYTIME I GO TO THE GROCERY STORE OR ANYWHERE I BRING WITH ME MY BOOK OF PANIC ATTACKS TO KEEP THINIKNG IAM JUST HAVING ANXIETY (KEEP LOOKING @ THE SYMPOMS).
(3)EVERYTIME I GO TO BLOCK BUSTER FOR A MOVIE I KEEP SAYING TO MY B/F HURRY UP , HURRY UP GET ANY MOVIE AND LETS GO .
(4)EVERYTIME I HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH SOMEONE I ALWAYS TALK ABOUT PANIC ATTACKS NOTHING ELSE (OBSSESD)
AND LOTS MORE LOL

Old 12-02-2005, 08:04 PM   #54

olderlady HB User

I don't know if anyone has said this one,but here goes. You know you're having a panic attack when you feel sure you are going to die in the next few minutes and your solution is to do a hundred jumping jacks or run up and down the stairs fifteen times to see if you die.

Old 12-03-2005, 05:28 PM   #55

Atthis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny1983
(1)IF I FEEL LIKE MY HEAD IS HURTING OR SOMETHING ELSE IN MY BODY I IMMIDIETLY RUN TO MY COMPUTER TO CHECK OUT WHY AM I HAVING THESE PAINS AND IF I HAVE A HORRIBLE ILLNESS
Lol, I do this also! All the time. It's terrible.

Old 12-05-2005, 02:28 AM   #56

YouKnowYou HB User

You people are making me laugh so much, my face is starting to hurt(better go check if thats normal! )

Its definately a thread for those who have had alot of them...myself 5+ years.
By reading these, I am starting to believe that Panic Attacks might be a severe form of OCD/Hypocon.

I will give a junky go at it

You know you have Panic disorder....
- When you have given your couch a name.

ok another
You know you have Panic disorder....
- When you wonder how the hell you got home!

Last edited by YouKnowYou; 12-05-2005 at 02:36 AM.

Old 12-20-2005, 12:21 PM   #57
(female)

tonto99 HB User

You know you have panic disorder when ...

... you try on 50 different outfits before you give in and put your pajamas back on!
... you can't remember if you've taken your meds or not!
... you call in "sick" to your doctor's appointment
... you have to drive alone, in the dark, in a big, unknown city
... you have to leave the house and you don't even want to get out of bed!

Happy Holidays.

Old 12-20-2005, 03:29 PM   #58
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

I know I have panic disorder when I keep editing my posts

Happy Holidays to all!

Old 12-23-2005, 07:39 AM   #59
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comptons
you know more about the symptoms of various diseases than your doctor does...
OMG, this is so true. I was just talking to someone about this the other day (a friend who is a doctor). I think I drive him crazy.

Old 12-23-2005, 07:52 AM   #60
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User

You know you have a panic disorder when...

1)You get up in the middle of the night to tidy up the house and put your "good" bra and panties on because you want to look your best when the paramadics come for you in the morning, or whenever someone finally finds you.

2)You're in the shower and suddenly realize you're about to pass out and will probably die when you hit your head against the shower door or floor and they will eventually find you lying there dead NAKED!

3)Similar fear as the shower... passing out while going to the bathroom, hitting head, dying, found with pants or skirt down.

4)You look over at your coworker/office mate and ask them about their cpr/life saving skills and inform them of your condition so that they are prepaired when it happens.

5)Walked from your office which is in the back of the building to the front lobby because you know something is about to happen and you want to make it easier for the paramedics to get to you when they arrive. Besides, you don't want to be drug down the hall with everyone looking at you. Being in the lobby just makes sense.

6)Wake up at 2 or 3 am and just have to get on the internet to look up the funny feeling you are having and stay up crying the rest of the night because you know you've got something terminal and are about to fall down dead.

7)Be in the middle of a meeting and have someone look over at you and ask what the heck you are doing because you leg is swinging back and forth (while crossed) at a frantic rate.

8)While wating for the doctor to come in and give you the impending bad news, you recite "Hail Mary" over and over again until the nurse comes in and catches you and says, "I'm sorry, did you say something to me?"

Last edited by reddoorblack; 12-23-2005 at 08:07 AM.

Closed Thread