It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2006, 06:22 AM   #106
(female)

shelli1980 HB User
Re: You know you have panic disorder when...

old thread i know but im new and this has made me laugh for first time in weeks.

you know your suffer from PA~

when you can relate to 90% of this thread

when you dont bother having a shower so if someone asks you to leave the house you say ill be about an hour i need to shower and do my hair

when you worry about not having afore mentioned shower because the paramedics will think you smell and laugh at you when they pick up your dead body

when you just know you are dying but its the thought of leaving house to go
to the ER thats making you panic

Old 02-27-2006, 02:05 PM   #107
(female)

dreamingdenali HB User

Some of these answers are so amazing. Especially the one about spilling the slurpee.

You know you have panic disorder when....
- You've learned to deal with being in public by limiting your panic to periodic facial twitches.
- No matter how well you know your boyfriend, you'll never be comfortable sleeping over at his house.
- You've gotten so used to being freaked out that now when people look at you too long, you just get ******.
- Once your klonopin count hits 30 pills, you start brainstorming ways to get more.
- You've read so many panic disorder books that nothing anyone says will ever surprise you and you have a symptom checklist, in case anyone around you needs diagnosing
- When your sister comes down with an anxiety disorder, you offer your comfort via personally-compiled anxiety disorder booklist
- If your roommate steps so much as an inch inside your doorway, you jump out of bed in fear...which soon enough changes to embarassment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2006, 01:53 AM   #108
Veteran
(female)

iyami HB User

i totally do that shower thing! it drives everyone i know nuts xD

you know you have a panic disorder when..
> you back away from the paper when useing markers, becuase it has a smell, and your worried the fumes will poisen you, even though they are nontoxic
> you carry tissues with you everywhere you go incase you have a PA and get a runny nose from crying.
> you cant see a therapist becuase your afraid they will secretly hate you
> you reconise a PA before it even starts
> Your so used to PAs that you dont even mistake it for something serious anymore
> halfway through your daily yogart cup, you start haveing a PA untill you find he thrown away lid, ensureing that it is not pastdate and you will not get food poisening and die a yucky death
> your freinds never yell at you anymore, they think if they do youll PA and start crying, thinking they hate you

Last edited by iyami; 03-04-2006 at 11:12 AM.

Old 03-04-2006, 05:15 PM   #109
(female)

ktishme HB User

You know you have panic disorder when...

- You stay in your house without going outside all day and when you finally do you sneeze because the sun is so bright.
- When you're having a PA and people talk to you and you get so annoyed and angry at them for making your symtoms worse.

haha, this is funny, but i can't think of any. XP

Old 03-04-2006, 05:41 PM   #110

ms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB User

This thread is now being closed because long threads are slowing down the search function on the server.
If anyone wishes to continue this topic, please start a new thread.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Ms_Mod

Old 03-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #111
Administrator
(female)

Administrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB User
Post Re: You know you have panic disorder when...

This has to be closed because the server cannot handle long threads without becoming too slow.

I will make it a sticky post so it is available for reading.

Closed Thread