It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User
You know you have panic disorder when...

Thought we could use a laugh - please add your own to this. Happy Thursday!

You know you have panic disorder when....

-You look for the nearest escape route everywhere you go
-You wonder if anyone would notice if you locked yourself in the bathroom at your own party
-You have to mentally prep yourself for three days before going to pick up milk at the grocery store
-You envy your pets because they don't have to leave the house
-Immediately upon waking you check to make sure every part of your body feels normal. If your toe hurts you panic for the rest of the day and call in sick.
-You're pretty sure the receptionists at your doctors office hate you, as well as your pharmacists
-You sit at work and make up these lists because your anxiety has wreaked havoc on your concentration and you're pretty sure you have ADD now too.

The following 5 users give hugs of support to: mjewell
apple33111 (09-29-2011), Goingnuttzagain (11-23-2010), Jescablu (01-25-2012), MikeC1600 (10-29-2011), zeman43 (07-04-2011)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mjewell For This Useful Post:
AnxiousNellie (09-28-2012), Babas (03-14-2011), crzybeautifulme (03-02-2011), Jescablu (01-25-2012), Kolohe83 (06-19-2011), LadyPhoenix7982 (01-16-2012), MeMe31 (07-07-2011), Rtl87 (02-08-2012), yidda1 (01-31-2011), zeman43 (07-04-2011)
Old 07-14-2005, 02:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: You know you have panic disorder when...

all true
its good to have a senes of humour about your panic disorder and anxiety, being able to laugh at your problems is very theraputic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2005, 06:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User

Hee! Hee! I love it and definately needed the laugh!
You don't leave the house without two trusty benzos in your pocket or your wallet. And when you realize you forgot them, you turn around and go back home to get them even if it makes you late for work.
I know there are tons more...just can't think of any right now. The next time I feel one coming on, I'm going to think of your post while I'm doing my deep breathing! Maybe that's all I'll need!
Kelly

Last edited by americandancer; 07-14-2005 at 06:02 PM.

Old 07-14-2005, 07:12 PM   #4
(female)

bocana HB User

LOL!!!
OK my list:
1. can't be more than one person in line before me--none behind me.
2.of coarse, looking for every which way to escape.
3.taking meds (like antibiotics).
4.authority: like cops,teachers,store clerks, DR's, etc.
5.feeling really alone (like 3am)
6.feeling overwhelmed at a party (too many people talking,loud music)

Old 07-14-2005, 08:33 PM   #5
Inactive

Rhiannon163 HB User

Here's mine...

...you have stashes of small paper bags in strategic locations (purse, glove compartment, desk drawer) in case of hyperventilation

Old 07-15-2005, 08:36 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

How 'bout this one -

You know you have panic disorder when...

If you had a dollar for every time someone told you to just calm down and get over it you'd be a millionaire!

Old 07-15-2005, 02:30 PM   #7
Veteran

Comptons HB User

okay - I'll play! you know you have panic disorder when...

you know more about the symptoms of various diseases than your doctor does...

your knuckles turn white from the "death grip" you have on the grocery cart...

Old 07-16-2005, 06:20 PM   #8
(male)

SirReal HB User

......you've had every test in the book and still think you are dying.

The following user gives a hug of support to SirReal:
She72 (08-16-2011)
Old 07-16-2005, 07:42 PM   #9
(male)

THX43950 HB User

1. You've driven yourself to the Emergency Room and lied to friends/family about where you had been so they didn't think you were any crazier than they already do.
2. You've don't drive in the passing lane cause at any moment your gonna have to pull over and tend to that heart attack/stroke/low blood sugar.
3. Your Panic Attack ends just as the ER doc is about to see you and you feel embarrased.
4. You've suffered through a headache rather than risk a possible side effect of an over the counter pain reliever. (Rye Syndrom, Kidney Failure, etc.)
5. You've stayed in a popualted area so when you passed out someone would be able to call an ambulance.
6. Dying doesnt scare you anymore but the first 100 times it did.

Old 07-17-2005, 12:39 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

seriousperson HB Userseriousperson HB User

...when your high school boyfriend's pet name for you was "Miss Muffet."
Little Miss Muffet
Sat on a tuffet
Eating her curds and whey.
Along came a spider
And sat down beside her
And frightened Miss Muffet away.
also when...
a girlfriend tells you she just wants to take you by the shoulders and shake you because you are so filled with fear (but doesn't do it, of course).

The Following User Says Thank You to seriousperson For This Useful Post:
Powercomplete (11-28-2012)
Old 07-17-2005, 07:05 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Changedusername HB User

....when you are speaking with people face to face wondering if they realize you have no idea what they are talking about because all you are doing is trying to figure out how to get out of there as quickly as possible.

...when your blood pressure drops from 170/115 to 124/85 in 9 minutes because you were actually able to talk yourself out of this one.

...when you walk around the house feeling the pulse in your neck 30 times a day.

...when you have 2 blood pressure and heart rate monitors by your side nearly all the time.

...when you walk around singing "I Wanna Be Sedated" by the Ramones all day long.

...when you've blown dangerous stop signs and traffic lights in an effort to get home as fast as possible.

...you leave a fully stocked shopping cart in the middle of the isle after an hour of shopping cause there were too many people in line.

...flourescent lights at the supermarket make you feel like you took a hit of acid or something.

...you need to take a water bottle everywhere with you for security and cause the nerves wil dry out your mouth

...you nervously chew your fingers till they bleed and have scar tissue from all the nervous episodes over the years

...........my list can go on and on and on.....

Old 07-17-2005, 11:51 AM   #12
(female)

jjules HB User

When you can laugh and relate to other peoples panic situations.....These were great. God I'm glad I'm not the only one..Jules

Old 07-18-2005, 10:35 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyhashi
....when you are speaking with people face to face wondering if they realize you have no idea what they are talking about because all you are doing is trying to figure out how to get out of there as quickly as possible.

...when you've blown dangerous traffic lightsin an effort to get home as fast as possible.

...you leave a fully stocked shopping cart in the middle of the isle after an hour of shopping cause there were too many people in line.

...flourescent lights at the supermarket make you feel like you took a hit of acid or something.

...you need to take a water bottle everywhere with you for security and cause the nerves wil dry out your mouth

...you nervously chew your fingers till they bleed and have scar tissue from all the nervous episodes over the years

...........my list can go on and on and on.....
LOL - This is totally me

Last edited by mjewell; 07-18-2005 at 10:37 AM.

Old 07-18-2005, 03:53 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

junglemonkey HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyhashi

...when you walk around singing "I Wanna Be Sedated" by the Ramones all day long.

Ahaha total class, loved them

Old 07-19-2005, 01:35 PM   #15
(male)

mach8 HB User

I'll play this game too.

You know you have panic disorder when.......

You cut an aspirin in half because you think you might be getting to much.

You read the side effects of Meds after you take one and you think you have all or most of them.

Every pain you have , you think the worst. Gee, I must be crazy

You wait till your falling asleep in your recliner before you will change into your pajamas for fear you might have to go to the ER. (pretty bad huh!!)

I could go on , But i'll let you laugh at these one's for awhile

Closed Thread