It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2005, 08:52 PM   #1
(female)

blondybear HB User
HELP!!! i pass out whenever i have blood tests

i pass out whenever i have a blood test. I dont know if its the fasting, the blood or the needles, but i cant take it. What should i do?

Old 08-01-2005, 07:24 AM   #2
(female)

littlen2005 HB User
Re: HELP!!! i pass out whenever i have blood tests

hi, do you have to have regular blood tests? just tell your dr that you pass out an make sure your lying or sitting down while they do it.
i work in an old peoples home and suffer very bad panic attacks, an every time someone has to have a blood test or catheter change ect (anythin medically) and im there watching, it feels like im about to pass out. i have passed out once in my life which was 2 years ago at the doctors when i was getting a mole removed from my back. and since then, ive had a phobia of medically type things incase i pass out again. i feel like i am going to sometimes, but what i do is leave the room and go and get some fresh air. hope it goes ok for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2005, 09:05 AM   #3
(female)

blondybear HB User

I do end up laying down and have oxygen befor blood tests, but i still pass out. It started when a doctor was burning a wart off my knee. she had me watch her scrape the top layer off first. shudder. Anyway, the tests are pretty regular; I was on accutane and had them for that (im off now) and now am having them only for surgeries (my ears are even more messed up now because of the last few).
Thanks for replying!!!

Old 08-01-2005, 02:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to blondie
dont look at the needle or the blood
fainting at the sight of blood isnt unusual

Old 08-04-2005, 10:10 AM   #5
Inactive

kasmpow HB User

Try wearing some head phones and listening to some music I never passed out but come close have not been to the dr. now I have delvoped a dr. phobia. My brother's doctor lets him take some xanax before the blood test.

Closed Thread