It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 04:53 AM   #1
(female)

indiebooksmart HB User
Question Im freaked out- can someone please help me out?

I am experienceing alot of symptoms that are so random, and are ruining my life. I am 15 and I have enough stresses already. I have been diagnosed with panic/anxiety disorder but I cant help but believe things are worse, and that I am going to die! Does anyone else have symptoms like these? Please let me know, thanks.
numbness/tingling in left arm, hand, and bicep
always concious of heartbeat
difficulty breathing
tingling in my head, and tension in my temples and headaches
mild nausea
unable to sleep no matter how exhausted I am
chills
hot flashes
feels like my heart slows down and then speeds up
my chest feels hollow like im going to fall to pieces
feel like i have to cry
feel the urge to move around
feel the urge to be in running water, and constantly drink water
intense fear of pain and death and unknown
fear of being alone
general feeling of uneasiness throught everday of my life
feeling that everyday is the least day of my life

I hope that someone can tell me if they can relate, especially to the numbness in the left hand and arms. Please let me know. Thanks

Old 08-26-2005, 12:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Im freaked out- can someone please help me out?

yes all this can be caused by anxiety and stress, look up fight or flight response on the net
you need to learn new ways of calming and relaxing yourself, meds also help, valium type as needed are very helpful if you can get any

try to ignore your heart and let it do whatever it wants to, dont worry about it or monitor it

gentle exercise and long walks are very relaxing
get a self help book on panic disorder or agoraphobia, try a library, you can say you are trying to help a friend

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2005, 10:28 PM   #3
(female)

Ksoup798 HB User

The feelings you have described are feelings that I have ALL felt. They are TERRIFYING! You are NOT alone in this. I have felt everything you have. You need medication and therapy to make it all go away. After 2 months of therapy and lexapro, I am finally getting my life back together. Best of luck and just know that this will all pass.

Old 09-05-2005, 04:54 PM   #4
(female)

indiebooksmart HB User

Thanks, a lot for the help and info. Im going through some therapy and its starting to help. If you have any other info or symptoms like mine let me know so I don't feel so alone, please!

Old 11-05-2005, 06:54 PM   #5
(female)

indiebooksmart HB User

bump, anyone else that can help me?

Old 11-05-2005, 07:11 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

I too have had every one of those symptoms you listed.I have had loads more too,but I dont wanna get into those because us anxiety sufferers tend to aquire alot of new symptoms after reading or hearing about them,at least thats the case with me.Just remember you ARE NOT GOING TO DIE!Anxiety,panic attacks have never killed anyone.Believe me i sure know how it is to feel that you just cannot believe the doctors when they says "anxiety/stress".The symptoms always seem very huge and scarey.Try to believe it though also you are a very young lady 15 years old chances of it being something else are small.I know alot of people on this panic board and the anxiety board will tell you they have had those same symptoms time and again.Try to get out with friends and family alot keep yourself busy it does help.hry is right when it comes to the heart too try to blow it off and ignore it I know it is hard mine used to keep me up all night,night after night.There is also meds as mentioned

take care

Old 11-05-2005, 07:13 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

I just realized I assumed you are female,you never said weather you are male ,or female.If you are a male I apologize

Closed Thread