It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2005, 01:04 PM   #1
(female)

rustyx2 HB User
panic linked to adrenal fatigue

hi everyone, i am new here but not new to posting on forums. usually adrenal ones. i am also not new to panic attacks. i have been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue which causes my panic. all that means is my adrenal glands are'nt working correctly and that has a long list of symptoms, one of them being panic and anxiety together. just wanted to share as many people have panic and don't know why. even though each person has a different reason, many may have adrenal problems and not know it. it took me a long time to understand what i had. if i could even save one person from the hell i went thru i would be grateful. the easiest way to know if you have adrenal fatigue is to have a saliva test done showing what your glands are up to. it is relatively cheap. i paid sixty bucks. the reason it is so important to know what is going on inside of our bodies is that many times A physical problem can feel like a mental one. another thing is, adrenal problems are very common. MD's don't normally recognize it, but naturopathic drs really do. i also ended up with hypoglycemia and food allergies due to my adrenal problems. both caused me more severe panic. in treating my disease, my panic has lessened. if anyone is interested, let me know. i have loads of info, and am happy to share.

The Following User Says Thank You to rustyx2 For This Useful Post:
sportsfan (08-19-2012)
Old 10-12-2005, 05:36 PM   #2

katiandjeff HB User
Re: panic linked to adrenal fatigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustyx22
hi everyone, i am new here but not new to posting on forums. usually adrenal ones. i am also not new to panic attacks. i have been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue which causes my panic. all that means is my adrenal glands are'nt working correctly and that has a long list of symptoms, one of them being panic and anxiety together. just wanted to share as many people have panic and don't know why. even though each person has a different reason, many may have adrenal problems and not know it. it took me a long time to understand what i had. if i could even save one person from the hell i went thru i would be grateful. the easiest way to know if you have adrenal fatigue is to have a saliva test done showing what your glands are up to. it is relatively cheap. i paid sixty bucks. the reason it is so important to know what is going on inside of our bodies is that many times A physical problem can feel like a mental one. another thing is, adrenal problems are very common. MD's don't normally recognize it, but naturopathic drs really do. i also ended up with hypoglycemia and food allergies due to my adrenal problems. both caused me more severe panic. in treating my disease, my panic has lessened. if anyone is interested, let me know. i have loads of info, and am happy to share.
Hi there,

I'm new at this forum, but I would love to hear more info about the adrenal fatique and panic attack link.
Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2005, 04:41 PM   #3
(female)

rustyx2 HB User

well, here is my story. i began having severe panic attacks about 5 months ago and they began when i awakened every single day. as soon as my eyes would open i would feel the panic start to come on and i would be so scared out of my mind. i would have this terrible feeling of impending doom and hated to wake up. nothing i could do except ride it out every day and it would last about 2 hours. it would make me so sick the rest of the day and i became very depressed. i felt suicidal. i was not able to eat and lost 20 lbs. in less than amonth. I began researching adrenal fatigue and had every symptom, there's alot about it online. i knew i had it so i went to an ND and was diagnosed with a saliva test. quite a cheap test taken with 4 samples of spit over a 24 hour period to show what the adrenal glands are doing. mine are not working correctly as i had a poor diet for years, have alot of stresssors, had been thru the death of my sister, being in debt, and staying up late for years, never getting an adequate amount of sleep. it finally came to a place that i crashed and i ended up having hypoglycemia as that often goes along with adrenal problems and that in itself causes panic. fluctuations in blood sugar is a big panic causer. stabilizing mine helped calm the panic i was having in the morning. this has taken a long time and i still have to take clonazapam at night to rest as i have terrible insomnia. a symptom of adrenal fatigue. even though i began feeling a bit better i would still experience panic and anxiety, sometimes worse than others. finally i had a blood test showing that i was sensitive to all kinds of foods. when i cut out all these different foods, my panic lessened even more. if i eat wrong now i get them back. food sensitivities are also common with adrenal problems. this has all come from alot of research time and i believe i have had AF for years, but it got to a very bad point. i was abusing my body. i have always had very bad pms and my panic increases around my period. i am careful with my diet and take alot of supplements. i go to bed at 10 pm every night and use clonazapam like i said so i can rest well and get stronger. i am getting better, but it is a slow process. look up adrenal fatigue or adrenal exhaustion and see if you have any of the symptoms. you very well may. alot of people have it and don't know it.

Old 11-24-2005, 09:17 PM   #4
(male)

couger2347 HB User
Question Re: panic linked to adrenal fatigue

I would like to know how you treated adrenal fatigue and if you took the saliva test what was the dhea and cortisol levels.. I would like more information on what you feel about this and its relationship to panic attacks.

Old 11-25-2005, 07:41 AM   #5
(female)

jennymar HB User

Thanks for posting this. I have been suffering daily from panic attacks and my doc is now suggesting I check into a medical cause. Where can you get one of these tests done? Is it something you can do in one day? I noticed you can buy them on the internet, but is there a store I can buy one from?

Old 12-02-2005, 09:52 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User

I've been having dreadful panic attacks since March -- mine are at bedtime, usually, altho' when I wake up in the morning, I can panic for two hours straight. I go to an ND and she gave me some Bupleurum D (a Chinese herb), which works most of the time ... I'm in a bad situation too, with chronic lack of sleep and a bad home situation, but I didn't know about adrenal fatigue. I'll get the saliva test from my ND.

Thanks for your post. It really helped.

jb

Closed Thread